Chapter 1

|| Adriana's POV ||

As my brother drifted off to sleep, I grabbed my bag and was on my way out the door just like any other night.

I walked down the dark, vacant streets until I got to my familiar corner. 12th street.

This was the block where it all happened. I met up with my girls, Gabby and María.

I've known them since I was 15 and I'm 17 now. They were like the sisters i've never had. We all had our reasons to why we do what we do.

María is a runaway and needs money to stay on her own. Gabby was basically born into this lifestyle. Her mom did it too but one night she went out and never came back. Then theirs me. My mom overdosed and left me on this earth with my brother. No family, just us two trying to make it by day by day.

This was the easiest way to make money. I stopped going to school in 8th grade so I really had to grow up fast.

Over these past 4 years, I've learned so many things in the "prostitute world".

You most definitely always needed condoms on you. Getting pregnant or STD's was a no go in the game.

Never get attached to one of the clients. You're there for the money. Always remember why or who you're doing this for.

And lastly, always keep protection on you. People out here are crazy. There's been many scenarios where I had to physically hurt someone if they tried to hurt me.

I stood against a light pole as I watched a car pull up to the curb.

"Aye! Mami!" I heard a older man yell out.

I walked over to the car and bent over. Low enough for my head to fit into the car window.

"How much for 2 hours?" The man asked looking me up and down.

"$250 and do you have any STD's?" I said staring at him waiting for a response.

"No I do not and $250? Come on Mami that's a bit much. You think you could low-"

"I said $250 you're buggin forreal. I ain't cheap. If you want cheap, hit up another corner." I crossed my arms.

"Ight fine, get in." The man said.

I hopped in the front seat and he began driving.

When we arrived to his place he tried to make small talk. Nonsense. I was ready to get the job done and leave.

"So do you have any hobbies?" He asked taking off his tie.

"Sir we both know what we came here to do so can we get started." I standing in front of the bed waiting.

"Right" he responded.

He walked over to the edge of the bed and sat down. He unbuttoned his pants and pulled them down. By that point I already knew what he wanted first.

After the two hour mark he paid me my money and called me a cab.

"That was amazing ma, I might stop by 12th street again." He said stretched out on the bed with a smirk.

I simply rolled my eyes and left.

The cab driver dropped me off back at my corner. I always do at least two clients a night.

"Girl this man did me grimey, I'm 10 dollars short." Gabby complained as I walked up to her.

"Girl you'll live." I said laughing.

After I got done with a 3 hour session with my second client, I begin heading back to the apartment. It was only 6 AM which was a good thing because I knew Joaquin would still be asleep.

When I got home I showered and changed into some comfy clothes. Even though wearing tight dresses and heels weren't new to me, it still was a bit uncomfortable.

I went into our room to check on Joaquín and thankfully he was still asleep. He was a deep sleeper. I've been doing this since he was 3 and he always managed to remain sleep all night.

He didn't know I was a prostitute. He didn't know what a prostitute even was. I just know I need to provide for him and that's exactly what I'm going to do. No matter how it gets done.

——————————————
Hey Guys! So the first chapter wasn't too long. I just wanted y'all to get a understanding of Adriana's lifestyle.
( Excuse any spelling errors )
Keep reading for more <3
Xoxo - Ro