Chapter 32

||Adriana's POV||

"I'm not sure about this one." I say, pulling the pink fitted dress down to the bottom of my thighs.

"I like it." Joaquín gives his opinion with a shrug.

"I love it." Gabriel chimes in.

"I think its too tight, you can see my love handles popping out the side." I poke at them while checking myself out in the mirror.

"So? Anybody with eyes would know you look good." He stands up to walk towards the mirror.

He walk up right behind me, sitting his head gently placed on my shoulder.

"Not in front of Joaquín." I try to keep my cool.

"I can't stand behind you?" He sounds fake offended.

"No you can. I don't see why not- just not right now. Joaquín is right over there and its people walking in and out what if-"

"Okay okay." He chuckles before putting a peck on my exposed neck. "You have to get that dress." He whispers into my ear prior to backing up back next to Joaquín.

I stand there confounded at what just happened. I guess he really liked the dress.

"Not to rush or anything but I have to pee." When I turn around, Joaquín is sitting with his head in his hands while his arms are propped up on legs dreary.

"Sorry." I quickly speed walk into the dressing room to switch back into my other clothes.

When I get back outside Joaquín is sitting alone, rocking.

I need to get him to the restroom.

We leave from the dressing room and I sit down my dress on a random shelf to purchase it when we get back.

"Where's Gabriel?" I ask as we walk to the bathroom.

"Not sure, was too busy thinking about not peeing on myself." He sarcastically says.

I just ignore him while shoving him into the bathroom as I wait outside the door.

A text comes through my phone from Gabriel asking where we "ran off to." The way we was walking I guess you could actually say we were running. I text him our location and as I press send, Joaquín walks out the bathroom.

"Go back in." I demand.

"Huh? Why?" He sounds confused.

"You're hands are dry which means you didn't wash them." I point out.

He lets out an exaggerated huff before walking back into the restroom.

"Sorry, My assistant had called I had to step out right fast." Gabriel says, jogging up to me.

"Oh okay." I say dryly.

"What wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing." I shrug.

Nothing was wrong, but nobody ever believes when a girl says that.

"Yes there is." He challenges.

Joaquín walking out of the bathroom ends the conversation that I didn't feel like having.

"All done." He rolls his eyes. A trait he picked up from me.
——————————————

After a couple more hours pass by, It was finally time to head back home.

That awkward conversation between me and Gabe didn't get brung back up so that was nice.

As we step out the car, I make my way to the trunk to get our bags out.