Chapter 19

||Adrianna's POV||

When I wake up, I have no calls or texts from Gabriel. He usually texts me "Good Morning" every day.

I hope he's still not upset about me moving my leg. I mean, he was the one who wants to take things slow so am I really in the wrong?

What am I even talking about right now? He might still be asleep. I'm just overthinking per usual.

"Joaquín! Wake up!" I shake my sleeping brother right beside me.

"Joaquín I'm not going to say it again!" I hear grumbles from under his breath.

"I'm up, I'm up, geez." He wipes the crust from his caramel eyes.

"How long did you stay up last night?" I get out the bed to turn the heat on. It's freezing in here.

"Right after you called, about nine." He lies. I can tell because he's avoiding eye contact.

"Joaquín.." I lower my eyes.

"Okay okay, ten thirty, the Incredibles came on and I just couldn't resist I had to see it." He says nervously waiting for my reaction.

I walk out the room to get some breakfast leaving him with no response.

"So that's it? You're not going to yell at me?" He scratches his messy curly hair.

"Nope." I pour the milk into my bowl and reach for the cereal. I know, who pours the milk first? Me.

"Why not?" He questions. I actually have no reasoning I just don't feel like making it a big deal.

"What kind of child wants to be yelled at?" I crunch my cereal down with my spoon before taking a scoop.

"You're right. Thanks." He says taking my bowl from my hands and taking a seat in the chair across from me.

"You're so spoiled." I roll my eyes to grab another bowl.

"I wonder why." He smiles with a mouth full of cereal.
——————————————
"Already Joaquín, I'm about to leave out for work" I shift my neck to the side to put in my earrings.

"Okay, I'm still tired from this morning so I promise to go to bed on time." He puts his hands in a prayer stance and smiles.

"Okay, I believe you. I left your dinner in the fridge so just heat it up if you get hungry" I grab my purse before walking over to the door.

"Wait!" I hear Joaquín's voice from behind me.

I turn around to face him once again.

"I just wanted to tell you that I love you." He says shyly which is unusual for him because he's very outgoing.

"What was that for?" I walk over to give him a hug.

"I don't know, I just feel like we don't say it as much." He frowns before hugging me back.

I run my fingers through his hair before placing a kiss on the top of his head.

"I love you more than ever." I move his face back to look a me.

"You know that don't you?"

He nods.

"Have a good night a work." His bright smile appears on his face.

"I will, oh and call me before you go to bed so I can wish you a good night, okay?"

"Okay, bye."

"It's never bye, its just see you later, remember?" I tell him.

"Oh yeah, I remember. But I also remember you said to never say never." He smirks.

"See you later Joaquín." I roll my eyes.

"See ya!" He giggles while going into the living room.
——————————————
When I get to the bus stop its already 5:30PM. I would hate to be late on my second day.

Just as I see the bus pulling up, I hear a car horn.

"Get in." I hear Gabriel's voice as he swings the door open for me.

He didn't even tell me he was going to pick me up. I quickly walk to the car and get in.

"Hi." I say shyly not sure what else to really say. I don't know why its so awkward.

He tucks my straight golden brown hair behind my ear.

"What's wrong?" He questions.

"You're just acting off. Im not use to this." I honestly answer.

"Was It because I just picked you up out of the blue?"

"Not only that, you didn't even text me like you usually do and last night, well this morning, you seemed upset because of my reflex." I huff. Im so glad we're talking about this so I don't have to jump into anymore conclusions.

He's looking at me like he has no Idea what I'm talking about until it finally sinks in.

"Ohhhh, no last night I was just tired. I slept all day thats why I didn't text you. I came here in a hurry and thought, why not just pick you up?" I shrugs and drives off not even noticing that there were cars honking there horns at us this whole time.

Of course he was just asleep, duh. Ugh, I hate when I overthink. It literally gives me a headache.

"Forgive me?" His eyes are piercing into mines.

"Okay, I forgive you." Is all I say as we drive to work.
——————————————
Tonights work passes by quickly, only adding some finishing touches to the new website. After Gabe drops me off at home, I quickly get washed up and ready for bed. I've been tensed all day, I need sleep badly.
——————————————
This chapter is a little bit shorter but its fine lol I'll try to make the next one a bit longer.
I'm so glad I updated and its only been like two or three days since the last update.
EXCUSE AND SPELLING ERRORS
Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT.
Word count: 947
- Ro❤️