Chapter 29

||Adriana's POV||

"Joaquín that's too much pepperoni don't you think?" I say while shaking my head in disbelief.

"No such thing." He flags me off, topping on the last three pepperonis.

I am pretty hungry so I'll let him pass this one time.

"Time to put it in the oven." I grab the pizza after I hear the preheat buzzer go off.

"How long will it take?" Joaquín wines.

"Boy hush, let the oven do its magic will you?" I chuckle as he folds his arms.

"Fine." He pulls his iPod from out his pocket.

"No no no, go get washed up." I say, taking the iPod form his hands.

"But Adriana-" He starts to wine again but I cut him off before he becomes more dramatic.

"But Adriana nothing, go ahead. By the time you're done the pizza should he ready." I try to persuade him further.

"Well when you put it that way, I'll be done in no time." Joaquín says before running into the bedroom.

"Don't even think about taking a quick shower either. Don't rush sweetie!" I yell from the kitchen.

I don't even need to see his face to know that it dropped.

——————————————

"Mmh Joaquín you really out did yourself." I pick up the remaining pepperonis that had fallen from the pizza and pop them into my mouth.

"I know I know, settle down." He moves his hands up and down as if he's telling a crowd to have a seat.

"Joaquín don't do too much because without all the spices I added, this pizza would be garbage." I stand up from the table to throw away my plate.

"You have a point there." He rubs his imaginary beard.

"When do I not."

"You know what Adriana?"

"What?" I pick his plate up from the table and toss it into the trash.

"I've been wondering, where do I get my handsomeness from? Because geesh, every time I walk pass a mirror I can't help but stare." He tries flexing his twig like arms into a muscle.

I roll my eyes before answering, "Joaquín get a grip." I push his shoulder and walk over to the couch.

"Hey I was just asking, its should be a crime." He shrugs casually.

Is he serious right now?

"Seriously?" I chuckle at how much personality this little boy actually has.

"Did I lie?" He widens his eyes as he waits for an answer.

"I'm not answering that." I roll my eyes.

"You're obsessed with rolling your eyes." Joaquín laughs.

"Am not." I squint.

"Are too." He pays me no mind while grabbing the remote.

"I'm going to go shower and get ready for bed. When I'm done we're both going to sleep. I have work and you have your classes tomorrow okay?"

"Okay, just one episode, I promise." He kicks his feet up then turns on Johnny Test.

"Alright, I'll be back." I stand up from the couch and make my way to the bedroom.

After I take out a pair of shorts and a tank top, I toss it onto the bed and turn the shower on to almost the hottest setting.

Come on, who doesn't love a good hot shower right?

I turn on my music playlist on my phone and step into the shower.

After what felt like forever, I get out and I throw my wet hair into a messy bun.

I plug my phone into the charger and sit it on the nightstand.

I then walk over to the dresser to put some deodorant on and slip into my unclothes but putting on my shorts and tank top.

After I brushed my teeth, I go out into the living room to get Joaquín to bed.

Of course he asleep.

I turn off the TV and pick him up to carry him over to the room.

He must really think he's some type of royalty. Extra pepperonis, his "crime" looks, now getting carried to bed.

Typical Joaquín for you.

After locking the doors and turning all the lights off, I climbed into the bed. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

——————————————

My annoying repetitive beeping alarm startles me out my sleep.

I sit up and do the "great stare" like I did when I use to get up for school.

Basically just stare at nothing for a few minutes before actually getting ready.

"Get up." I say while shaking Joaquín.

"Ten more minutes." He groans.

"Boy get up. If I have to wake up this early so do you." I roll my eyes and rip the blanket off of him.

"I'm up! I'm up!" Joaquín hops up and storms into the bathroom.

"Brush your teeth!" I yell before he closes the door.

"Yeah yeah yeah." He says through the door.
——————————————
I wore my hair in its natural curly state today. I was getting tired of the straight look after all.

With a bare face & some flats, I head out the door on my way to work.

Today was pay day and boy oh boy I need to go clothes shopping so I hope the check is generous.

After I got off the bus, I walked into the lobby and got some coffee. I'm not really a coffee drinker but its good so why not?

"Good Morning." A voice from behind me startles me.

"You scared me." I dramatically hold my chest while looking at the unfamiliar face.

Her lips forms into a grin before taking my coffee from my hands.

"What are you doi-"

"Is the decaf?" She interrupts and swirls the straw around.

"Yes but-" my eyes widen as she takes a sip of my coffee.

"Enjoy your day...friend." She says before walking away with her heels clicking against the hard wood floor.

"Oh God, please let this day be good." I pray under my breath before grabbing a new cup to refill.

——————————————
Ooouuuu I really loved this chapter lol idk why I just do. How do you guys feel about the coffee stealer girl? Who is she? Keep reading to find out!!
DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!
( Excuse any spelling errors)
Word Count: 1026
- Ro❤️