Chapter 20

||Adriana's POV||

When I wake up, my stretch feels better than ever. My toes nearly gripped the bed spreads and yawn feels the room. I haven't slept this good in what feels like ages.

When I finally reach over to grab my phone from my nightstand, realization takes over. It's five PM. Five freaking PM. How did I sleep for twelve hours!?

Trying to get my train of thought together, my mind goes to Joaquín. I haven't seen him since I FaceTimed him around 9 yesterday.

I scurry to the living room to find him on the couch with his face buried in his iPod, munching on some Sour cream & onion chips.

"Oh hey sis, you slept pretty long don't you think?" He smiles and brings his attention to his iPod once again.

"Why didn't you wake me up? Did you eat? Did you do your school work? Did anyone come to the door? Di-" I pace back and forth thinking about being late on only my third day of work.

"You looker too peaceful, it would be selfish of me to wake you up. Yes I ate, yes I completed my school work and even studied for the mini quiz I have tomorrow. And yes someone did come to the door." He gets up from the couch to grab his drink off of the center table piece.

"Good good." I nod.

"Wait!? Who came?" My eyes go wide.

"Gabe, I didn't let him in though because I know better and I don't want to get slapped the freak up by you again from answering the door last time." He blatantly says.

"Smart choice." I smile.

I head back to the room to check my phone again to see If I have any missed calls from him.

When the screen flashed bright red with four miss calls and a few texts I begin go feel bad.

What if he thinks I was ignoring him on purpose? I hope he still doesn't think I'm mad at him.

I dial his number back and wait for him to pick up.

"Hello" I hear his husky voice through the speaker.

"Hey, hey um, I overslept, can I take off today? I would rather miss a day than to be late." I bite my nails waiting for his response.

"Yeah, that's alright with me. I stopped by there earlier but Joaquín said he couldn't let me in. I respect that." He chuckles and all my nerves relax.

"Yeah, sorry I taught him that. Why did you come by anyway?" I bite at my nails again. I guess I have a new nervous action huh?

"I actually wanted to pick you up and maybe take you and Joaquín to dinner a little later. Today is my day off so I just thought it would be fun." I can hear how nervous he is. Little does he know, he makes me feel the same way.

"Oh! Yeah, sure, um, wh- what time?" I stutter.

"How does seven thirty sound?" He offers.

"Sounds good to me. See you then." I smile and hang up before letting him say a word in response.

I plop to the bed and run my fingers through my hair before falling back. I hope this goes well.
——————————————
"Where are you taking us?" Joaquín wines.

"To only the greatest restaurant in town." Gabriel grins looking at him through the rectangular shaped mirror.

"Oh really?" I gasp.

"Yup, my father use to take me here all the time, the service is great." He pulls into a lot outside of a golden cursive lettering sign that reads "Gelettos."