Chapter 24

||Adriana's POV||

I lift up quickly from my bed and rush to the bathroom across the mini hall.

I drop to my knees and let me fluids drop into the toilet.

I haven't had a dream about my mom in months.

I really wished death on her.

"You okay?" I turn around to see Joaquín standing in the door way.

"Yes, did I wake you up?" I ask while wiping my mouth and flushing the toilet with my free hand.

"Kind of, you scared me when you jumped up really fast." He says whipping his crust from the corners of his eyes.

"Yeah I just had a bad dream thats all, you hungry?" I ask washing my hands.

"What was it about?" He frowns. "And yes I'm hungry a little." He adds at the end.

Should I actually tell him?

No, he's still too young.

"It was nothing really, I'm fine." I smile. "Lets go make some cereal okay?" I put my hand on his back and push him towards the kitchen.

"Okay..." he says confusingly.

"Apple Jacks or Cinnamon toast crunch?" I hold both boxes up against each side of my face.

"Cinnamon toast crunch please." He smiles which lightens up the mood.

We eat our cereal in awkward silence.

All you hear his our spoons digging into the milk and crunches here and there.

"You're acting weird." Joaquín says as he washes his bowl out.

"No I'm not." I lie.

"Mmh sure." He laughs and shakes his curly hair back and forth.

"Go brush your teeth before they fall out." I tease and he runs into the bathroom.

I've been telling him that for years now, I wonder if he really believes me.

I go to my room and lay out an outfit for work today.

Not really in the mood so I go for a more calm outfit. I pull my hair into a sleek ponytail and throw on some jewelry.

After I brush my teeth, I go back to the room to call a cab.

Don't feel like the bus today.

I left my phone on the nightstand last night, which is where I always put it but now its on the dresser and I didn't touch it all morning.

I slip on my shoes and grab my phone.

"Joaquín, did you touch my things?" I put my hand on my hip.

"Can you be a little more specific?" He grins.

"My phone Joaquín, did you touch my phone?" I roll my eyes.

"Oh yes." He shrugs and continues doing his school work.

"Why? You know how I feel about that!" I raise my voice a little but instantly feel bad when he jumps.

"I apologize, you're just not acting like yourself so I called Gabriel because I know he's the only person that makes you happy besides me." I tugs his ear, a nervous action of his.

I sigh and walk over to hug him.

"I apologize for snapping on you. But really I'm fine, I just didn't sleep comfortable because of how stretched out you were. And all your snoring." We both laugh.

"What did you call him and say?" I question.

"I just asked-"

Joaquín is cut off by a knock at the door. I just know its not who I think it is.

"Who is it?" I shout through the door.

"Its uh- It's Gabe- I came because Joaquín called and I just thought-"

I open up the door and see Gabe standing there rocking on his heels. He has bags under his eyes and I can tell its from lack of sleep.

"Hey." I say awkwardly.

"Hey, I um wanted to take you to work and talk to you."

"Okay." I say shocking Gabe and myself.

Why can I never be mad at people for long?

"Finish your school work and theres some microwaveable pizza rolls in the freezer if you get hungry okay?" I kiss Joaquín's forehead.

"Okay." He smiles and continues doing his work.

I walk over to the door and right before I shut it, Joaquín speaks.

"I love you Adriana!" He says, blowing me a kiss.

"I love you more, I'll call you later." I smile and lock the door on my way out.

"I parked right across the street." Gabriel points and takes the lead.

After he opens the door for me, I sit and wait for him to take his seat.

"Okay so-" We both say in sync.

"You go-" We both laugh after saying another word in sync.

"I'll go." Gabe starts. "I wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry for the situation last night. I really didn't know how it would affect you. I promise I'll stop going it, if It means I get to be with you. I couldn't even sleep last night knowing you were upset with me. Shit, I was upset with myself. Adriana I can't lose you, not over something like this. I love you." He finishes and my heart sinks.

"Yeah I'm sorry for lashing out on you like that. You didn't know why I was acting like that and we should've talked it out like adults- wait, you love me?"  I say lowly.

"Yes, I knew for a while now but didn't know when to tell you. It was last night that I realized how much you really meant to me." He says while reaching for my hand.

"Gabe I-" He cuts me off.

"You don't have to say it back. You don't have to say anything. Lets just turn on some music and have a productive day at work." He smiles and turns up the radio.

——————————————
FINALL ANOTHER CHAPTER WHOO WHOOOOOO LOLOLOL I liked this chapter.. especially the ending <3 Share your thoughts about what's happening right now in the book. DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!!
(Excuse any spelling errors)
Word Count : 981
-Ro❤️