Chapter 15

|| Adriana's POV ||

"Joaquín come eat!" I screamed from the kitchen.

"Pancakes? Eggs? Sausage? Whipped cream!? Woah woah woah wait a minute, are you a clone of my sister because she never does this?" He practically teased.

"Oh hush I did some grocery shopping after my job interview, I'm just feeling good." I genuinely smiled letting him know I was serious.

"That's cool, well can you pass me the syrup?" He asked with half a pancake already gone.

"Here you go, after you done you have to start back up on your school work since winter break is over okay?" I said washing the dishes.

"Okay but when can I go to a real school?" He played with his eggs looking upset.

"What do you mean?" I said drying my hands off.

"Like the one my friend Lucas goes to. He said he has many friends there and it's fun." He dropped his fork and got teary eyed.

"Aw Joaquín when it starts to get warmer outside I'll take you to some parks so you can make plenty of friends okay?" I grabbed his hand and give it a slight squeeze of comfort.

"No Adriana that's not it, remember when you told me I would go to a regular school when I get to high school?" A tear dropped from his eye.

"Yes"

"I don't want to be that weird kid because I've never been to a real school. I don't want be the one kid who doesn't know any classroom rules. I just want to be normal and I want to start being normal now." He wiped his cheeks.

"Joaquín I understand what your saying I do, but I think it's best for you to stick with the computer programming unt-"

"Adriana please." He cut me off.

"Let me finish, until the end of the school year then I will try my best to enroll you into Samuel elementary school okay?" I could barely finish when he jumped onto me.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much Adriana." He hugged me tighter.

"You're welcome, but you have to promise me one thing."

"Okay, what is it"

"You have to keep up the good work on this program so they will know how good of a student you are okay?"

"Not a problem I'm on it." He said rushed over to the desk where his computer was.

He just had that face. The one where you can't say "no." Even if you did say no, instead of him feeling bad you would feel bad just because of his face.

——————————————
[ phone rings ]

"Hello?"

"Hey! What you up to?" Gabe's deep voice spills through the phone.

"Just watching some movie, nothing much, what about you?"

"What movie? And I'm just getting in from work. My cat ripped my shower curtain so now I have to go back out ti buy another one."

Even tho I couldn't see his face, I knew that he wasn't mad about it.

"I'm watching White Chicks, and see what I mean now? I told you cats are the devil!"

"Now that movie is a classic! I've watched it way too many times, and hell nah. Princess is a good cat but don't get me wrong, we all have our bad days."

"You're right." I shrug.

"Yeah, I was calling to check up on you. Are you busy tomorrow because I get off early?"

"No I'm free, want to come over and watch some movies?"

"Sounds like a plan."

"Alright, have fun picking out your shower curtains and tell Princess good job."

"Good job? She ripped the whole bottom of the curtain."

"My point exactly, I like her." My lips form a smile at the thought of his salty face.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I talk to you later okay?"

"Okay."

"Princess get down! Are you trying to destroy everything?" I hear him say from a distance.

"Have to go!" He says in a hurry.

[ phone disconnects ]

Cats.
——————————————
I knowwww this chapter is short but I haven't updated in almost a whole freaking month! So I had to put something out lol .. it's 4 AM and Im up writing this mind you I have school in the morning ughhh okay dont forget to VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!
Excuse any spelling errors
Word Count- 716
-Ro❤️