Chapter 30

||Adriana's POV||

"Wait so you seriously got it stuck?" I ask while biting into my turkey sandwich.

"Yes bruh! And thats why I'll never eat another donut... ever!" Gabriel says, finishing his story while everyone bursts into laughter.

"I have to say this is one of the funniest lunch breaks we had in a while." One of my fellow coworkers says through laughter.

Someone walking into the lounge makes everybody damn near snap their necks.

Of course its her from this morning.

"Oh everyone this is my new-"

"Assistant." The blonde head girl finishes Gabes sentence for him.

A few people start giving me that "get your man" stare but for what? I have no worries she just an assistant.

I look over to her and Gabe and it looks like he's explaining something to her. I can't help but notice how she rubbing on his arm during the conversation.

I guess she's just a touchy-feely assistant.

"Gabriel." I clear my throat to get his attention.

"Yeah?" He moves her hand and begins to walks towards me.

"Can we talk for a sec?"

I hear a few ooouuus like we're in second grade or something.

"Get back to work everybody! Break over." Gabriel instructs.

"What about our checks?" Jerry mentions.

"Later." He dismisses.

"You too." He shoos his assistant away.

"Of course, boss." Her annoying heels click against the floor once again.

"Wassup?" He questions.

"Of course, boss" I mock.

"Oh." He runs his hands through his dirty blonde hair.

"Yeah, oh is right. Wassup with her?" I take a seat in the spinning chair, leaving Gabriel standing, dumb founded.

"She's just my assistant thats all."

"And she's all over you because?"

"Listen Adriana, you have nothing to worry about. I promise. I guess that's just how she is but I'll make sure she stops. Today." He reassures me.

I look down at my feet not really sure of what to say.

"Maybe im overreacting, she just works here like everyone else." My thoughts say, trying to make sense of this stupid situation.

"Alright." I stand and begin walking away from him.

"Woah woah woah, are we okay?" Gabriel grabs my arm and turns me around.

"Ow." I roll my eyes and grab my arm. "Yes I'm just getting back to work, boss." I turn and leave the room.

——————————————
"Can I drive you home?" Gabe walks into my office as I'm packing up.

"Sure, I'm almost ready." I throw my bag over my shoulder.

"I love your hair like that." He compliments.

"Thanks. I always wear it like this though." I laugh.

"I know but you haven't in a while. The curls are.. my favorite." I see his cheeks change shade.