Chapter 37

||Joaquín's POV||

"So what are you making?" I ask, browsing through the freezer, as Adriana walked through the front door

"Whatever you want. You know I'm very versatile." Adrianna says, walking into the kitchen.

"I think we can all make some Ramen noodles but if you call that versatile then go for it." I shut the freezer to take a seat at the table.

"Why'd you go over there? What are you afraid i'm going to blow the kitchen up?" She jokes.

Can she can read my mind?

"Um actually... yes" I attempt to keep a straight face but it fails miserably.

"I knew you were joking weirdo." She rolls her eyes.

It wouldn't be my sister without her famous eyeroll.

"Listen its hard being a clown okay? Being serious isn't my thing and you know that." I say, joining her back inside the kitchen.

"Sometimes that a good trait ya know?" She says, pulling out some macaroni noodles from the cabinet.

"How so? And are you making bac mac?

"Well now I am and you know when stuff isn't going so good in your life, you just have the ability to see the good side of situations. Always lightening the mood." She says, washing her hands before dumping the chicken into a big bowl.

"Well I guess when you look at it that way. Why you had to go all deep with it?" I chuckle.

"See, right now you're lightening the mood just by laughing." She says, pulling the seasonings out the cabinet.

"I guess so. Can I pour the seasonings on the chicken?" I ask.

"Yeah just don't pour too much."

"No such thing as too much seasoning." I say, grabbing the Adobo from her hands.

"Shit maybe you're right." She's laughs.

"Name a time I wasn't." I say, continuing to mix in the other seasonings.

"Don't push it." She crosses her arms.

"Oooouuuu what am I supposed to be scared?" I mock her stance.

Let the show begin.

"Not so much scared, maybe threatened?" She weirdly questions.

"You don't seem so sure." I laugh at her, washing off all the residue sticking seasonings from my hands.

"Joaquín Sanchez." She raises her brow.

"Okay fine fine." I scurry over to the couch to watch YouTube until dinner was done.

When she says my first and last name, she ain't playing.
——————————————
       ||Adriana's POV||

The stupid birds woke me up early on a fucking Saturday.

Ain't they supposed to be in the South right about now? Its winter!

When I walked into the kitchen for some water, Joaquín's curly hair were thrown over the edge of the couch.

"What are you doing up so early?" I ask, taking a sip of my water.