A Birthday Invitation

A/N: To avoid confusion, little Theodosia will be called Theo and big Theodosia will be called Theodosia.  Anyways, hope you enjoy!! 

Alexander Hamilton sat at the edge of his seat on the sideline of Philip's soccer game. Theo was on the other team and this would be the best way to prove to Aaron Burr that Philip was the best child so, to say the least the stakes were very high. 

 Burr sat in his chair across the field from Hamilton, glaring at him. Hamilton raised his hand and made an indecent gesture that was very inappropriate considering both of their children were only eight. Burr returned the gesture with a withering glare. 

 He was decked out in a jersey for Theo's team and blue war paint was smeared across his cheeks. Alexander was no better- he was also wearing a jersey but it was for Philip's team obviously and in his hands he held a very large poster that said "Go Philip!!". (I know very original) 

 Eliza and Theodosia stood quite a distance from their husbands, clearly embarrassed. They both supported and love their children but found their husbands commitment quite ridiculous for a child's soccer game. So, the wives idly chatted on the side of the field together and occasionally cheered when someone scored. 

 With one minute left in the game the score was still tied. One of Philip's teammates passed him the ball and Alexander jumped from his seat while cheering, "GO PHILIP!!!" Philip passed the ball to his teammate by the goal and he shot. And... he missed. Alex groaned as the referee blew his whistle signaling the end of the game.

Alex walked over to his son and gave him a high five with the proudest smile on his face. "Philip! That was the best soccer playing ever!! Just one small thing. Philip, do not throw away your shot."

Philip nodded and said, "Alex, your the best father I've got. I'll take that advice for next game."

Alex continued, "You so could have made that because you are the best soccer player ever!"

Hamilton turned to everyone and yelled, "Right, everyone?! Look at my son!! He's the best!!!"

Philip's freckled face blushed and he murmured "Pops, everyone's staring again."

Eliza walked over and gave her son a hug. "Great job, Philip, as usual!" she said and she smiled proudly at her son. "Alex, do not embarrass poor Philip.  We've talked about this." Eliza glared at her husband and he shrunk under her gaze.

"Hamilton" Aaron greeted as he walked over with his family.

"Burr" Hamilton greeted back.

"I see your disgrace of a son has thrown away his shot to some other teammate and lost the game for the whole team." Burr taunted.

"Aaron! Why are you so rude?!" His wife scolded him.

"Well, Aaron, your daughter has proven herself useless once again in this game." Alex answered smoothly.

"Theodosia, I am severely sorry for my husband's behavior. I assure you he does not mean it." Eliza said while stepping on her husband's foot with her heel. As the fathers argued over which child was better and the wives tried to make them stop, Philip and Theodosia had their own conversation.

"You played really great today, Theo." said Philip while holding up his hand for a high-five.

"Same with you. You almost scored!" Theo complimented while high-fiving Philip.

"Thanks!" Philip said while blushing. "You're really pretty." Phillip blurted suddenly.

"T-th-thanks, that's v-very kind of you to say." Theo stuttered out as a blush spread across her cheeks.  

"Philip! Do you wanna come to my birthday party this Saturday?" Theodosia asked with excitement filling her voice.

Philip nodded his head with such enthusiasm that his light brown curly hair bobbed with his nodding. But sadly Alex had overheard and rage filled him at the very thought of his own son at a Burr's birthday party.

"Sorry, Theodosia but Philip cannot attend your birthday party he has.... piano practice." Alex lied.

"No. I don-" Philip began but was quickly cut off by Alexander's hand on his mouth. Theodosia looked between Philip and his dad with confusion written all over her face.

"Actually, Philip would love to attend your birthday, Theo. He can most definitely skip one piano class considering I am the teacher." Eliza said while glaring at her husband. Eliza grabbed Philip's hand and pulled him away from his father.

"See you at the birthday party!" Eliza bid farewell to the Burrs while dragging her husband by his ponytail to their minivan.