Apology?

"CURSE YOU, ALEXANDER HAMILTON!!" The Hamilton's heard as they drove away from the Burr's house. Alexander smirked as he continued to drive away slightly faster than before.  

"What did you do?" Eliza said tiredly from the passenger seat. 

"Nothing. Why would you accuse me of such a thing? I'm sure he's talking about Alexander Hamilton Jr." Alexander said with a innocent look.

"Sureee, Burr is definitely mad at our four year old." Eliza said not buying it. "Turn this car around right now and apologize."

"What?! For what? I told you I didn't do anything directly to Burr." Alex protested and began to drive faster.

"How about indirectly?" Eliza asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Ummmm... well," Alexander began.

"Turn the car around." Eliza said firmly. 

"Eliza, please be reasonable." 

"Alex, you have to be a good roll model for Philip and good roll models apologize for stuff." Eliza said. "Isn't that right, Philip?"

"Yep! Let's go see Theo!" Philip said from the back.

"But Philip don't you want to go see your siblings and aunts?" Alexander asked.

Philip considered the option for a second, then answered, "No, Theo." 

"But we just saw her five minutes ago." Alex whined.

"Theo." Philip pouted while crossing his little arms.

Eliza smiled victoriously as Alex reluctantly turned around the car with a sigh. 

~A couple minutes later~

Ding-Dong, the doorbell rang out. "I'll get it." Aaron said. It must be Jefferson. He forgot his cane that he needs 'for fashion purposes' or ' because it goes with his aesthetic', Aaron thought as he opened the door. 

"Here's your ca- Oh, um, why are you guys here?" Aaron asked as he narrowed his eyes at Alex in confusion. 

Philip ran passed Aaron and yelled, "Theo!" as he gave her a hug.

"I'm here to apologize for giving your daughter candy, fully knowing that it would keep you up at night. I'm only apologizing because Eliza's forcing me." Alex said with a very dead voice. 

"Uhh, I accept your apology, I guess."  Aaron said confused because this was so un-hamilton like.  

"SIKE!!" Alex said as he ran back to the car.

"That's not what we practiced in the car!" Eliza growled. "He doesn't mean that. Just pretend you only heard the first part."

"Alright." Burr said, werided-out by this whole encounter. 

"Philip! We need to go!" Eliza called.

"Coming!" Philip said hopping off the unicorn Theo and him were riding. "Bye, Theo." Philip waved goodbye to her before racing off to his mom.

"This situation has been sufficiently awkward so bye." Eliza said as she walked out the door with Philip. 

"Agreed. Bye." Aaron said as he closed the door.

"ALEXANDER STEPHANIE HAMILTON!" Eliza shouted as she made her way to the car.

"Is that really his middle name?" Philip giggled.

"No, but since he doesn't have one I get to make one up." Eliza answered. 

"That's NOT my middle name!" Alex shouted from the car.

"Then what is it?" Eliza asked as she helped Philip buckle up.

"MachoNacho." Alexander answered confidently.

Eliza burst out in laughter as she entered the car. Philip was cracking up in the back while saying, "MachoNacho?"

"When did this happen?" Eliza asked once she stopped laughing.

Alexander refused to meet her eyes. "College, when we were dating.  Herc, Laf and John convinced me to when I was drunk. It's still my biggest regret to this day." 

"Why don't you just change it back?" Eliza asked.

"It's there to remind me not to make bad decisions." 

"Your not gonna pass that on to me, right?" Philip asked, scared that his middle name would be MachoNacho.

"No, unless you misbehave." Eliza answered.

"Like if I didn't eat my vegetables?" Philip asked.

"Yes, then your name would be forever known as Philip MachoNacho Hamilton." Alex said.

"NOOOOOOO!!!" Philip shouted out in distress.

"Hey, isn't that Angelica's car?" Alex said pointing to the car in front of them.

"Ummmm, yeah it is." Eliza said. "That's weird maybe she left Peggy with the kids." 

~In Angelica's car~

"Auntie Angie, I think Papa is driving behind us." James Alexander said.

"What?!" Angelica shouted, almost swerving off the road.

"Angie! Be careful we have kids in the car." Peggy said.

"Sorry. But if they're behind us then how are we gonna pull this off?" Angelica asked.

"I'll run in and put it in the house while you guys distract Eliza, Philip and Alex." Peggy planned.

"Okay, let's do this." Angelica said as she pulled into the drive-way.

Peggy grabbed the pottery bag and exited the car. "Go Aunt Peggy!" the children cheered.

"Pegs? What's going on?" Eliza asked from the doorway into the house.

"How the heck did you get there so fast?" Peggy asked her older sister.

"I used to run track in high school. Remember?" Eliza explained.

"Oh, yeah." Peggy said. By this time everyone was out of their cars. James Alexander, Angelica and Alexander Jr. were doing the chicken dance together to distract Eliza. 

"Well, webrokeyouroldteasetsoweboughtyouanewone. Bye, Sis. Love you!" Peggy said while shoving the bag into Eliza's arms and running into Angelica's car.   

"Abort, Abort!" Angelica yelled before joining Peggy in the car. 

"Wai-" Eliza began but her sisters were already driving away. "What just happened and why are you guys doing the chicken dance?" Eliza stared at her family in confusion

Alex and Philip had joined in with the children and everyone but Eliza was now doing the chicken dance in the drive-way at night. "Come on, Mama! Do the chicken dance with us." Angelica said. Eliza laughed and placed the pottery on the floor. It didn't matter to her that it was passed all their bed times or that her sisters had broken her favorite tea set so, she joined in the chicken dance.

"I don't wanna be a chicken! I don't wanna be a duck! So, I shake my butt!" sang all the Hamilton's as they did the silly dance moves in their drive-way.