Girl Scouts

A/N: Happy birthday Mimi!!! Love you girl! <3 I'm sorry this is such a sucky chapter

After a brief pause, Alexander opened the door to be confronted with what seemed to be a small family in very strange clothes.

Soccer mom Eliza rushed forward and stole the baby from Elizabeth's arms. "There's John! Oh, sorry," she said upon seeing Alexander and Elizabeth. It would be an understatement to say that the pair standing in the doorway was astonished by their strange clothed counterparts.

"I'll just.. uh..." The soccer mom Alexander awkwardly shut the front door and started jamming buttons on the time travel machine.

Luckily, there was a large flash and the Hamiltons found themselves back in their house!! For a moment, there was silence, an absolute rarity in the Hamilton household.

"Did we just... time travel to the 1700s?" Eliza broke the quiet with her question.

"I think we did..." Alexander muttered. He stared at the time travel device in his hand intensely before throwing it to the ground and stomping on it over and over till it was nothing but bits of metal and wires. "We don't speak of this, kids."

"The mailman brought me that," Alex Jr. whined, looking at the destroyed device.

Philip frowned, furrowing his eyebrows together. "Um, no! This is the coolest thing that has ever happened to us!"

"Even if we do talk of it, nobody will believe us," Eliza pointed out, glancing at her husband.

"I wanted to see the ponies!" Angelica whined. "Dad always ruins all our fun!"

"Excuse me, but I brought you that fun in the first place! It just so happened to be very dangerous," Alexander argued.

Angelica sighed and then widened her eyes, remembering something. "I want to join the Girl Scouts!"

"We just time traveled and that's what you have to say?!" Philip asked, astonished.

"ShhhHHH!" Angelica shoved her brother lightly. "You got your whole Kidz Bop thing and you have soccer! I want an activity for myself." She crossed her arms with a huff.

"I was once a girl sco-..." Eliza began before getting interrupted with a squeal from Alexander.

"I've always wanted to lead scouts! I had always thought one of your brothers would want to join but I would be more than happy to be a girl scouts leader!" There was a look of pure joy on his face as he scooped Angelica up, despite her definitely being too old to be picked up still.

"Daddddd," she whined, squirming about. "I want mom to be the leader-!"

"Shhhhhhh! You don't need to say your endless gratitude. I know how thankful you are." He placed her back on the floor and patted her head. Angelica just sighed, realizing there was no way out of this.

"This is so unfair," Philip complained. James and Alex Jr. had wandered off to play a formal game of chess, sick of their parents, and older sibling's whining.

Eliza frowned, sitting down in a chair with John, bouncing him on her knee. "What's troubling you, Philip?"

"Dad is meant to be my parent! What if Angelica's girl scouts get in the way of soccer practice and he can't come?" He fretted, pacing back and forth.

Angelica just stuck out her tongue at her brother and laughed. "Sucks to suck, Pip."

Eliza shot her daughter a warning glare, silently telling her to be nice. "I'm sure that won't happen, right Alexander?"

Alexander was much too busy to answer. He had taken out a notepad and was crouching down by the coffee table, frantically researching how to get involved with the Girl Scouts.

Philip fell dramatically onto the couch. "See, Mom!"

Eliza thought for a moment. "Alexander, I think Theo does Girl Scouts. You may have to join forces with Burr's troop."

Alexander dropped the pen and looked up at her. "Absolutely not, Eliza."

She shrugged. "All I'm saying is that most girls are in that troop. There isn't much interest in Girl Scouts nowadays. You're going to have a hard time finding girls to join. It would be easier."

Philip burst out laughing. "Just stick with soccer, Dad! Pleaseee!"

Alexander paused for a moment, thinking through his options. Though Philip's offer was appealing, he wasn't one to give up. "I'll call Burr." With that, he stood up and walked out of the room.

Eliza and Philip exchanged shocked glances. "This can't be good. I thought for sure he'd stop at the mention of Burr," Eliza muttered to herself.

"I just lost my biggest fan," Philip whined.

There was a bit of yelling from the next room over but that was to be expected. After a solid hour, Alexander came back. "It is done," he announced, voice flat.

Eliza snorted. "There's no need to say it like you killed someone."

Alexander gave her a strange look. "Why- why would you suggest something like that, Eliza? That is so ridiculous!" He faked laughter.

Eliza frowned. "I... I was joking. You didn't kill som-..."

"Who wants to play this fun new game?" Angelica asked, running down the stairs with her iPad.

"What is it?" Philip asked, peeking over the arm of the couch.

"Among us!"