Christmas Party

A/N: I don't know if it's obvious but my favorite chapters to write are party chapters (that's why Theo's birthday went on for decades). I'm curious so what's your favorite type of chapter? The Washington's Law Warriors one? The ones with just the hamilfam? The soccer chapters? Or a completely different type? Let me know! (or do you hate every chapter and stay around to cringe at my writing?)

The Washingtons are that family that hosts every party for every holiday. Christmas, Halloween, New Years. You name it they have a party for it. So, when Eliza took the invitation out from the mailbox she wasn't the least bit surprised. 

"We have to wear ugly sweaters to Washington's party," Eliza announced.

"I'm gonna wear one with Philip on it," Angelica declared.

"I'm gonna wear one with you on it," Philip shot back.

"Mine's uglier," Angelica fought.

"No, mine!" Philip disagreed.

"I am not stitching anyone's face on a sweater," Alexander stated. Alex was the only one in the family that could sew so he had the pleasant job of fixing holes in the kid's shirts. Eliza tried it once and immediately got hand cramps. She left the sewing to Alex and kept to her stress baking.

"Awww, c'mon Dad," Philip whined.

"Yeah, you're no fun," Angelica complained.

"Mom, if I can't put Angelica on my sweater, can I bring my friend to the party?" Philip asked.

"Who is it?" Eliza answered his question with a question.

"Amelia," Philip clarified.

"I don't see why not," Eliza shrugged. "I'll call her dad."

~In the car~

"Who are we picking up again?" Alexander Jr. asked, squirming around in his too-big Christmas sweater.

"Philip's girlfriend~," Angelica told him in a sing-songy voice.

Philip punched her in the arm. "Shut up, she's coming," Philip ordered.

"Ooooohhhh, does Philly have a crushy?" Angelica cooed.

"Hi, Philip!" Amelia greeted as she stepped into their car.

"PHILIP HAS A CRU-" Angelica started to shout before Philip slapped his hand over her mouth. Amelia looked at them suspiciously but decided it was best to ignore it and buckled her seatbelt.

"I'm so glad you invited me," Amelia said. Apparently, Philip didn't mention that it was an ugly Christmas sweater party because Amelia had a stunning red sparkly dress on. 

"Amelia, this is James, Alexander Jr., my mom, and my dad. Oh, yeah and my ex-sister Angelica," Philip added.

"MOM! Philip kicked me out of the family again!" Angelica tattled.

"No one is kicked out of the family," Eliza reassured her.

"Your family is so cool. I can't believe you know all your sibling's names," Amelia said.

"What do you mean?" Philip questioned.

"I have fourteen siblings," she explained, "and I'm the youngest."

"Oh, my," Philip said, imagining living with fourteen Angelicas.

"Wait, who's your dad?" Alexander asked, knowing that the only person on the PTA with fourteen children was-

"King George. He owns King Flush Portapotties™," Amelia answered.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo," Alex groaned.