The PTA President

A/N: WE HIT 3 THOUSAND READS!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I don't deserve you guys omg! Now I feel bad for that cliffhanger... opsies?

Thunder cracked overhead and rain began to suddenly beat against the sidewalk. Angelica cursed the universe under her breath as she speed-walked down another street. She passed warm cafes, book stores, and a Walgreens but barely gave them a passing glance. Her eyes searched and scrutinized the street for familiar orange fur but to no avail.

"Tigger?" she called out hopelessly as she came to another dead end. Panic began to fill her as she realized just how big this city was. She placed her head against the damp brick of a bakery and slumped down onto the sidewalk.

"Tigger?" she tried once more, her voice cracking as tears began to flow down her cheeks. Worried thoughts ran through her head. What if Tigger never came back? Or he couldn't find his way back? Or worse he got run over? 

"Why must everything I've ever loved leave me?!" Angelica yelled to the clouds. Logically she knew she was being overdramatic but at the moment it seemed reasonable. 

"Hey, hey," Eliza said as she ran through the rain and crouched in front of her sister. "We'll find him. Look Alexander even bought his favorite catnip." Eliza pointed to her drenched husband standing in the middle of the street shaking catnip while getting strange looks from onlookers.

"But Tigger- he's always hated the rain," Angelica whimpered.

"We'll find him," Eliza promised.

"All right," Angelica agreed, composing herself and rubbing away her tears. 

"You're lucky that I could convince Alex to leave the election. He's a cat whisperer," Eliza said as they approached her husband who already had three stray cats at his feet. "So any ideas where Tigger may be?"

"I was checking all his favorite places and I have one last place to check," Angelica replied.

"And that is?" Eliza questioned.

"The cat yoga studio," she answered.

"Cat yoga?" Eliza asked.

"Yeah, I even had a pair of yoga pants for him with leopard print," Angelica said, tears beginning to fall again. "He hated it so much but I made him put it on. That's why he left me! Because of the yoga pants!" Angelica wailed.

"No, Angie," Eliza soothed, rubbing Angelica's back as she sobbed. "It's not because of the yoga pants. Cats just run away sometimes but Tigger loves you, he'll be back."

"He hates me though! He only wants my food, not my love!"

"You know that's not true," Eliza said, "Come on, let's grab Alex and go to this yoga place."

"What are you doing?" Angelica asked Alexander.

He stopped meowing to the cat at his feet and looked up at her. "Talking to these cats to see if they've seen Tigger but all they seem to want to talk about is food." He continued to angrily meow at the cat. 

"I told you he's a cat whisperer. It's like Parseltongue but with cats," Eliza explained.

"Surrrreeeee," Angelica said, unconvinced. "Let's just go to cat yoga."

~At the cat yoga studio~

"Jenny, have you seen Tigger? He ran away and I don't know where else to go. I can't find him anywhere!" Angelica exclaimed, bursting into the studio. Every person and cat looked up at her as the candles in the room went out from the wind and rain coming in the door.

"Angelica? What are you doing here? We normally meet on Wednesdays," Jenny asked while sitting up from helping a cat do the tree pose.

"Tigger, he's gone," Angelica explained. All the cats in the room strolled up to Alexander and began conversing with him.