Teacher Meeting

A/N: Special Mimi birthday chapter coming up!! EVERYONE SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MIMI NOW! I hate this chapter with all my essence but ya know and it's short but I'm trying to just write something. Sorry my dudes.

"Eliza, do we have to go to this? I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding," Alexander said as he struggled to tie his tie.

"If it was a misunderstanding I don't think she would demand to talk to us in person." Eliza brushed out her hair in the mirror and walked over to help Alexander.

"What could it even possibly be about?"

"Are you nervous?" She asked with a slight smile.

"Nervous? No! Alexander Hamilton is never nervous."

"Mhm. I beg to differ," Eliza muttered.

"Name one time I was nervous!" Alexander refuted.

"That's easy. When you proposed to me."

"I already knew you were gonna say yes. Nobody could say no to this." Alexander gestured to his body.

Eliza rolled her eyes, walking out the room and down the hallway. "Come on. We have to go see how you got in trouble with our son's teacher."

"You didn't deny it!" Alexander said, following after her.

~At the meeting~

"Wait, what's her name again?" Alexander asked as they waited for the meeting to begin in her office. "Mrs. Turd?"

"No. That's Philip's teacher and her name is Mrs. Turner, not turd. I think her name is..." Eliza trailed off in thought. "I have no clue."

"How do we not know her na-" Alexander stopped mid-sentence.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. and Mr. Hamilton." The teacher walked in.

"Good afternoon, Mrs- erm, um teacher." Alexander squirmed in his seat at the awkward situation.

She gave him a strange look and sat down. "Anyways, would you like me to explain why you're here today?"

"Yes pleas-" Eliza was interrupted.

"I think we can all agree it was just some sort of misunderstanding."

"Your son said you worked as a criminal is this true, Mr. Hamilton?" The teacher gave him a pointed look.

"What? No! I'm not sure why he would ever say that." Alexander looked to Eliza for help.

"He works as a lawyer. It could be possible that AJ linked the two together in his mind." Eliza shifted in her seat awkwardly. She knew exactly why Alexander Jr. had said what he said but there was no way she was mentioning that.

"He said you robbed a bunch of toys from a claw machine..." The teacher looked between the two of them for an explanation.

"Oh, well you would know he has a wild imagination," Alexander said. "The kid's genius when it comes to storytelling."

"And every day at breakfast he tells us the craziest dreams he's had. Must just be another one of those," Eliza added with a shrug.

The teacher seemed unconvinced but she nodded along anyway. "Okay, so there are no home problems I should be worried about?"

Alexander and Eliza looked at each other then back at the teacher. "Nope."

~Back at the Hamilton Household~

"We really should have resorted to a life of crime. We are so good at lying," Alexander said as they walked in the house.

"We do make a good team," Eliza agreed.

"Speaking of teams, Philip has a game today."

"He hasn't had one of those in four months because of all those rain cancellations," Eliza recalled.

"Yeah, I can't believe it rained every single Saturday for the past four months."

"Kinda strange."

"Very strange. Almost like our lives are being controlled by a sloppy writer and they keep leaving plot holes everywhere so they cover it up with excuses about the weather," Alexander contemplated.

Eliza laughed. "You think too much... unless?"

"Mom! Dad! Our aunts got Chicken Nugget stuck in the tree."

"What were we talking about again?" Eliza asked.