Day at the Arcade

"Pssssst, Eliza," Alexander whispered, poking Eliza in the face. 

Eliza scrunched her face up and sleepily swatted his hand away. 

"Elizaaaa, guess what day it is?"

"It's Saturday!" Philip exclaimed, sliding into the room on his fluffy socks. 

"What he said," Eliza mumbled, turning onto her side, away from Alexander. 

Philip flopped onto their bed and wriggled in between his parents. "Just like the good old days," he sighed with content.

"And by that you mean...?" 

"The days when it was just me, you and Mommy," Philip replied cheekily.

Alexander ruffled Philip's hair. "You love your siblings."

"Most of the time," Philip grumbled.

"PARENTS!" The rest of the Hamilton children shrieked as they walked down to the bedroom also. Angelica, Alexnader Jr. and James all snuggled into the bed, practically pushing Alex and Eliza off of it.

"It's too sqashy!" Philip complained.

"I'm perfectly comfortable," Alexander Jr, who was half laying on top of Philip, replied.

"Because you're using me as a pillow!"

"Dad, what are we doing today? I'm bored," Angelica asked.

"I was just getting to that. Eliza, do you know what day it is?"

By this point, Eliza had given up completely on sleeping. "I do not know what day it is."

Alexander scoffed. "It's our first kiss anniversary. How could you forget?"

"EW! Kissing!" Philip yelled.

"That was nearly twenty years ago and we have never celebrated it. How do you even remember it?" Eliza asked in complete confusion.

"You're telling me you don't remember our first kiss?"

"Stop talking about kissing. It's gross!" Angelica covered her ears and started shouting "LA LA LA LA" over there conversation.

"Oh, I do. It's not very forgettable."

"Because it was the best date you had ever been on?"

"You could say that," Eliza replied with a smirk. "Or you could say it was... unique."

"Well, today we are recreating it... with our kids!"

"Don't tell me we are going to a fancy restaurant," Philip whined. "They never have chicken nuggets! Then what am I supposed to eat!" Chicken Nugget cried at that and hid under the bed. "Oh, not you, Chicken Nugget."

"Now look what you've done!" Angelica said to Philip. "Our dog thinks that you're gonna eat him!"

"How does Chicken Nugget even understand English?" Alexander asked. 

Philip and Angelica exchanged looks. "You can't tell the public because they will take him away and experiment on him but..." Philip began.

"We've been teaching him English and he understands it and speaks it. Look. Speak, Chicken Nugget," Angelica ordered. A small yip echoed out from underneath the bed.

"See! Didn't you hear the hi!" Philip exclaimed.

"I told you it wasn't a good idea to let them watch Dog with a Blog," Eliza whispered to Alexander.

"Too late now," Alexander replied.

"That's great, honey... Anyways, we are not going to a fancy restaurant. If I remember correctly we are going to the arcade."