Party Preparations

"How bout this?" Philip asked pointing to a light saber on one of the displays on the end of an aisle. 

"Philip, I already told you. Theo is really into princesses, not star wars."

Philip scowled, "What about princess Leia?"

"Disney princesses!" Eliza explained.

"Star wars is Disney." Philip said giving his mom a know-it-all look.

"Your really starting to act like your father, Philip."

"That means I won the argument." Philip said cockily. "Just like Dad wins every argument."

"Did he tell you that?"

"Yep."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really."

Eliza swooped down and picked Philip up. 

"Put me down!" Philip complained.

Instead of fulfilling Philip's wishes Eliza began tickling him.  Philip thrashed around in Eliza's arms to get free of her grip but to no avail.

"Noooo!!" Philip cried between fits of giggles.

"Admit it, I win every argument too."

"Fine," Philip laughs. "You win all arguments! Just stop tickling me, please!"

Eliza smirked and placed Philip back on the floor.

"You win all arguments, except against me." Philip said as he began running to the princess aisle.

"You little rascal!" Eliza exclaimed as she ran after her son.

Eliza slowed down as Philip stopped at the entrance to the aisle.

"So much pink." Philip murmured while staring in awe at the fully pink aisle.

"Woah." Eliza said as she arrived next to her son.

"My eyes!" Alexander yelled next to his wife.  "Having this much pink in one spot should be illegal. It is blinding!"

"Where did you come from?" Eliza asked turning to her husband.

"Well, I walked here like a normal person. Unlike you hooligans, running through the store." Alexander answered.

Eliza elbowed him playfully.  "Philip and I are just fun people, unlike people who walk through Target."

"Hey! I'm a fun person too." Alex protested.

"Whatever, we have a birthday present to get for Theo." Eliza said.

"Don't remind me." Alexander mumbled.

Eliza walked over to a pink, sparkly princess dress. "How about this, Philip?"

"It's pink." Philip said with disgust evident in his voice. "And sparkly. The worst combination."

"Literally everything in this aisle is pink." Eliza countered.

"What do you think about this horse?" Philip said getting on the back of a giant unicorn.

"Philip, that is a unicorn not a horse." Alexander corrected his son. 

"Since when are you a mythical creature expert?" Eliza asked her husband.

"I just think that the unicorn needs credit because it is not just a horse, but a magical horse."

"So, can we get it for Theo?" Philip said while petting the glossy pink mane of the unicorn.

Eliza looked over at Alexander to see if he agreed.  Alex shrugged so Eliza nodded.  Philip got off the unicorn with a big yawn.

"Somebody's tired." Alexander said while putting Philip on his shoulders.

"Says the man who got 40 minutes of sleep." Eliza muttered under her breath. Eliza grabbed Theo's present and held it in her arms like a baby.

"Onward, horsie!" Philip ordered from atop his father and tugged on his hair like reins. 

Alex neighed and galloped ahead with Eliza following behind.

~Earlier at the Burr household~

"Daddy, will you help me put up this birthday banner?" Theo asked her father.

"Sure." Aaron said, walking from the kitchen to the living room. Aaron picked Theo from the ground by the waist.  Theo held the string to the banner up to the ceiling and taped it down. 

"Okay, other side."

Aaron placed Theo on his shoulders and brought her over to the other side of the wall. Theo repeated the steps she did on the opposite side.  

"Alrighty!" Theo said.

Aaron placed her on the floor and they looked at their handiwork.  It was slightly tilted but Aaron could never say that to Theo.

"Perfect." Theo said.

"Great job, Theo." Aaron smiled down at his daughter.

Theo smiled back at him brightly.  Aaron walked back to the kitchen and Theo followed behind him.  

"What are you doing in here?"

"I wanna help make the cake."

"Okay." Aaron said while placing some icing on Theo's nose.