Amelia's Birthday Part 2

A/N: Sorry for the super late update. I have excuses but excuses are stupid so here's the chapter.

Also big thanks to Herondale_Potter for giving me inspiration for this chapter and she came up with the basis for the truth or dare game! She's amazing!

"Amelia," Coco said with a mischevious smile, "Truth or dare?"

Amelia stared her down, knowing she had something up her sleeve and warning her not to challenge her power. "Truth."

"What's your favorite color?" Cocco asked dramatically.

'Ooooo's traveled around the circle before being cut off and replaced with sighs of disappointment. "Coco, you're so boring!" one girl called out.

"Just answer it," Coco said.

"It's pink. If you couldn't tell from my walls, bed, clothes, pajamas, and everything else I own," Amelia spat. "I don't know why I even invited you, Coco. You're such a dweeb!"

"I'm a dweeb just because I didn't ask a question about boys or crushes?" Coco asked, voicing Theo's thoughts about the whole situation.

"Yes, in fact, you are," Amelia fired back.

"Whatever." Coco rolled her eyes and went back to worrying about her softball game internally.

"Anyways," Amelia said with a pointed look at Coco, "Philip, truth or dare?"

Philip fidgeted nervously. He hadn't expected the attention to shift to him after all most of the girls seemed to avoid him like the plague. He knew the safe option was truth, but since when did Hamiltons live on the safe side? "Dare," he answered.

Excited giggles broke out around the room. Something was up and neither Philip or Theo was in on it. Amelia shushed them and said, "I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl in the room," while batting her eyelashes.

Theo's cheeks flushed in anger. "Don't make him do that! Especially if he's uncomfortable with it, which he clearly is!" Theo stood up and crossed her arms in defiance.

"What? Are you scared he won't choose you?" Amelia stood up also, across the circle from Theo. A challenging look flashed in her eyes.

"N-no!" Theo sputtered, flustered. "I just think that it's unfair to Philip to ask him to do that."

"Philip, are you okay with this dare or are you a chicken?" Amelia asked, dragging him into the fight in the process. Her friends began making chicken noises in the background. Theo and Amelia both turned to him, awaiting his decision.

Philip opened his mouth to answer then closed it, deciding what to say. "I'm no chicken. Come here, Princess," Philip said in a sweet, chirpy voice.

Amelia smirked victoriously at Theo before turning and taking three dramatic steps towards Philip. Theo tightened her fists in anger at Amelia, at Philip, at the universe for putting her in this situation. Whispers whipped around the room then fell silent as Amelia leaned in and puckered her lips.

Philip didn't turn towards her though. He just kept calling, "Princess, Princess," in that same chirpy voice.

"I'm right here," Amelia said at the same time that Princess, her sparkling white toy poodle, ran into Philip's arms.

"Who's a pretty girl? Huh? Who's the prettiest girl?" Philip cooed to the dog. It licked at his face, practically hopping with happiness. "What did you say, Amel-? Why are your lips puckered like that?" Philip asked as he turned to look at Amelia.

"I- um," Amelia stuttered as she swiftly backed away from Philip. A blush of embarrassment covered her cheeks.

Silence fell over the room until Coco broke it with loud, uncontrollable laughter. "Oh my gosh! Y-you thought he was gonna kiss you!" Coco nearly doubled over with how much she was laughing. Theo was the next to join in but soon the whole room was laughing. Amelia watched helplessly as her followers turned against her.

"I... I didn't think that!" Amelia shouted.

"You sooo did!" one girl shrieked. "You looked like this!" She puckered her lips up.

"I did not!" Amelia watched the reputation she had built up as the cool, emotionless popular girl crumble to the ground. Her "friends" wouldn't even listen to her and the boy that had made her heart swoon since day one thought her dog was prettier than her. It wasn't her fault that her Dad had taught her that love was achieved by beating others. "I did not..." she whispered helplessly as she brushed away a tear and ran out of the room.

~Meanwhile, at Washington's Law Office~

"I came as soon as I heard! What's the emergency?" Alexander asked as he hurried into Washington's office. All his coworkers sat on sleeping bags that were splayed across the floor. A lantern in the middle of the sleeping bags was the only thing illuminating the room.

Burr made eye contact with Alexander and whisper-shouted, "Leave while you still can!"

"This doesn't look like an emergency meeting..." Alexander trailed off, glaring at Washington suspiciously. "This looks like a sleepover!" He turned to make an escape but the door was already shut and locked.

"Sit down, Alexander," Washington said, "Join us."

He reluctantly sat. "What is this?"

"Well, now that we're all here, I'll explain. I've noticed that there have been more..." He searched for the right word. "Tension in the office than usual and I feel partially responsible for this. So, to make up for it I have created this..." He gestured around the office.

"Sleepover?" Alexander offered.

"Team bonding experience," Washington corrected with a stern look in his direction.

"It's a sleepover," Alexander muttered.

"Well, what are we doing at this 'team bonding experience'?" Thomas asked, putting air quotes around team bonding experience.

"I'm glad you asked." George pulled out a piece of paper and read off of it. "First on the agenda, we have Monopoly-"

"Which I'll win," Alexander interrupted but was immediately silenced with a glare.

"Then we'll play a fun game I call 'Say something nice' and then we'll... um, eggs?" George read out. "Then sleep."

"Eggs?" James asked. "We're gonna eggs?"

"I don't know. I just looked up team bonding on Google and that came up," George answered. "Whatever it is we're doing it."

But that will all be in the next chapter! But seriously guys, I can't make this up...