Burrthday Party Finale

Theo reached for the second to last present which was from the Jeffmads. When James and Thomas had gotten married they argued for weeks on end on whose last name they should have. In the end, they both agreed on a combination between the two names, Jeffmads.

The present was suspiciously shaped like a unicorn and was wrapped in rainbow wrapping paper. Theo tore through the paper with ease and revealed the unicorn that the Hamilton's had also bought. The only difference between the two was the purple mane and tail that the Jeffmad's unicorn had. Everyone 'oohed' and 'awed' at the majestic unicorn.

"Oh no." Eliza muttered as she turned to look at her husband. Eliza's arm was wrapped around her husband's waist just in case he decided to escape again. "Don't tell me that is the exact same present we bought." she whispered frantically.

"It's not. The manes are different colors." Alexander answered. Eliza faceplamed at this.

Philip got up from his seat on the ground and raced to his parents. "We have to get Theo something else. Martha and John got her the same present." Philip said with urgency.

"It's too late. She's just going to have to choose which one she likes better." Alex answered.

Philip looked to Eliza for an answer. Eliza shrugged and said, "There's nothing we can do. We have the receipt if worst comes to worst. But don't worry, Philip. I'm sure she'll love having two unicorns."

"Here's the last one, Theo. From the Hamiltons." Burr said the name with disgust.

Theo took the top off of the box that was basically the size of her. "Oh my." said Aaron as he took the unicorn out of the box.

"Two unicorns?!" Theo cheered.

"First Alexander cheats at musical chairs to make his child win and now he buys the same gift as me just to embarrass my family!" Thomas yelled.

"Why would I do that? You do realize that it embarrasses my family, too. And I thought we agreed that is was just Philip's pure talent that won." Alex shot back.

"Oh, boy." Eliza muttered under her breath as she stepped away from her husband. This time she would not be getting in the middle of the fight. The kids barely payed any attention to them and they all crowded around Theo's two unicorns in awe.

"Well, the unicorn we got is better anyways." Thomas bragged with a dramatic flip of his hair.

"No! Pink is a far more superior color to purple." Alex said.

"You just made that up and I bet that Theo likes my unicorn more." Thomas said.

"Oh, really?" Alex challenged. "Theo!"

The young Burr looked confused as to why Alexander was calling her but she went over anyways. Alex bent down on his knees to Theo's level and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I just wanted to say that I love your birthday dress. The sparkles really bring out your eyes." Alex complimented Theo.

"Thanks!" Theo said with a bright smile though she was a little confused because she had never gotten the feeling that Mr. Hamilton liked her. Thomas walked over to where Theo and Alexander were as Alex leaned in and whispered to Theo, "If you say that you like my unicorn better than I'll give you candy." Theo's smile widened at the bargain.

"Okay!" she agreed brightly.

"What did he just say to you?" Thomas asked while glaring at Alex skeptically.

"Uhhh.." Theo said.

Alex shook his head violently at Theo. "Ummm... Nothing. Nothing at all." Theo said.

"Well, darlin' might I just say that your shoes are fashion goals. And your haircut is adorable." Thomas said to Theo.

"Thanks!" Theo said while fiddling with her hair. But I didn't get a haircut, Theo thought.

"Anyways," Alexander said, stepping in front of Thomas. "Which unicorn do you like better, Theo?"

"Ummmm," Theo said while looking at Alex who nodded at her encouragingly. She glanced up at Thomas, who smiled at her.

"I like Mr. Hammy's unicorn better because pink is my favorite color." Theo squeaked out a lie. Really, she liked both of the horses equally and her favorite color wasn't pink, it was rainbow.

Alex turned around to Thomas with a huge smirk. "I hate to say it, actually I love to say it! I told you so!!" Alex did a small victory dance in front of Thomas.

"Is that your victory dance?" Thomas said while laughing. "Lame! Mine is so much better." Thomas broke out into the Jefferson shuffle.

"Um, Mr. Hammy can I have my candy now?" Theo asked before they could start a full blown dance-off.

"Shhhhhh." Alex said to Theo. "We can't let Thomas know."

"Let me know what?" Thomas said. He had been too concentrated on the Jefferson shuffle to hear Theo but once he heard his name his attention had been immediately drawn there.

"Nothing." Alex and Theo said at the same time.

"Okay." Thomas said suspiciously while Jefferson shuffling away.

"It's in my pocket, kid." Alex whispered to Theo.

"'Kay." Theo said digging the candy bar out of his pocket.

"King size?" Theo said, staring at the holy bar of chocolate with wide eyes.

"Yep." Alex said.

"Thanks!" Theo said while skipping off happily with her chocolate.

"Why did I just see 'a Burr', as you would say, get a king size chocolate bar out of your pocket?" Eliza asked walking over to her husband.

Alex shrugged. "Maybe all Burrs aren't so bad."

"WHAT!?" Eliza yelled in surprise causing people to look in her direction. Eliza lowered her voice and said, "Who are you and what did you do with my Alex?"

"I like Burrs that help me beat Tho- I mean nothing. I just like Theo." Alexander said.

"Sureee. But one thing still doesn't add up, why was there a kings size chocolate bar in your pocket in the first place?" Eliza asked.

"Ummmm... Reasons." Alex said before sprinting off to go talk with Lafayette.

~Time skip~

"Bye, Philip." Theo said sadly while hugging her friend.

"Bye, Theo. Have a great rest of your birthday!" Philip said before walking out the door.

Soon enough the last guests were walking out the door. "Bye, Theo!" The triplets yelled.

"Bye, Anastasie, Marie and Henriette!" Theo said quickly to get all their names in.

Aaron closed the doors and collapsed on to the couch, exhausted.

"That was the best birthday party ever!" Theo said with a mouth full of chocolate. She climbed onto the couch next to her father and began jumping on it.

"Theo, where did you get that?" Aaron asked with a glance up at her. A king size chocolate bar was clutched in her right hand and her face, hands and dress were covered in melted chocolate.

"Mr. Hammy gave it to me!" Theo said excitedly while jumping off the couch and trying to ride the purple maned unicorn.

"You are not gonna fall asleep tonight. CURSE YOU, ALEXANDER HAMILTON!!" Burr shouted.

"Hey! No fighting words in this household." Theodosia scolded from the kitchen.

"Sorry." Burr mumbled.