Amelia's Birthday Part 3

A/N: It has come to my attention that somehow THIS STORY IS NUMBER ONE IN PHILIDOSIA!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! I WOULDN'T BE WHERE I AM TODAY WITHOUT ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!!! <3

Amelia ran to her second private bathroom, the first being conjoined to her bedroom, the other being downstairs. She stared into the bedazzled mirror and brushed away her tears impatiently. She rummaged in one of the cabinets until she found her desired mascara, piling it on to her eyelashes. She pulled out a container of lipstick and hastily put that on. She couldn't control emotions or boys or friends but she could control the way she looked yet even that seemed to be failing her.

The tears didn't stop, running through the mascara and dragging it down her cheeks. She pushed them away, smearing the runny mascara all over her face. With a frustrated scream, Amelia hurried out of her bathroom and rushed to her dad's study but not before running into someone.

"Amelia, I've been looking everywhere for you," Philip said, running down the stairs.

"Don't come near me." She turned away from him, hiding her face. 

"I'm sorry. I thought you knew I was talking to the dog. I didn't mean to embarrass y-"

Amelia simply ran away to her Dad's office, ignoring Philip. "Daddy, call all their parents. The rest of my birthday is canceled!" 

"What happened, princess? Who hurt my little girl?" King George asked, getting out of his chair and rushing to her aid. 

"Nothing, nothing. I just- don't want them here anymore." 

"Okay... I'll text all their parents," he said, though he didn't believe her. Slowly, one by one, parents showed up, most disgruntled and tired. Eventually, it was only Philip and Theo sitting in the living room in awkward silence while Amelia watched out the window for their parents' cars to avoid eye contact. 

Headlights appeared in the driveway and Eliza exited the car along with her four other children. John Church was crying as Eliza, who had half-moons stamped under her eyes, held him. Angelica and Alexander Jr. were quibbling over who got the bigger piece of a cookie they were promised and forced to share. James Alexander was struggling to stay awake. Quite frankly, the Hamiltons were a mess.

Eliza's knocks on the large wooden door reverberated through the house, making King George scramble up from his desk and answer the door. "Good evening. Philip's right in..." he trailed off noticing Eliza's intense glare. 

"I had to wake up four children that I had just gotten to sleep after numerous attempts. I had just settled into bed to binge-watch The Bachelorette episodes that I had missed when you ruined everything. My night was meant to be perfect! I had one less child and husband on my hands and you've ruined it!" Eliza ranted, over the cries of John Church and bickering of Angelica and Alexander Jr and the whining of James Alexander who just wanted sleep.

King George simply backed up and let her enter the home with a terrified look on his face. "Philip, dear, time to go home," Eliza chirped with a fake smile. 

"Bye, Amelia. Bye, Theo. Happy birthday," Philip muttered half-heartedly. With a final glare at King George, Eliza and the Hamilton children left.

Theo fidgetted nervously. Philip leaving, left her and Amelia, alone. Theo sat on the couch that Amelia was sitting. Not because she wanted to talk to her but because she wanted to look for her dad's car, she told herself.

"It must be rough having everyone turn on you on your birthday," Theo said, plopping her head on the couch and staring out the window. 

Amelia gave her a strange look, not mean, more inquisitive. "Yeah... it is." They fell into silence before Amelia broke it. "Look, I'm, um, really sorry that I was so mean to you this whole, well, ever since we met really. I just... never felt the way I feel about Philip towards anybody else and I saw the way he looked at you. Like you're the prettiest crayon in the box."

"Thanks...?" Theo said, unsure how to feel about being compared to a crayon.

"And I didn't know what to do. I've always gotten anything I wanted but this was different. And so, I took it out on you. I'm sorry," she said with a sniffle.

"It's okay. I'm sorry for being mean back. I should have considered your side of the story. Friends?"

"Friends," Amelia confirmed with a hug.

~Meanwhile at the Hamilton household~

After forty-five minutes of trying to get her children to sleep, Eliza was finally successful. It may have taken ten bedtime stories, five kisses goodnight, and three lullabies, but now she could watch The Bachelorette in peace. 

She snuggled into the blankets and popped a chocolate into her mouth before pressing play. "This week on The Bachelorette- BARK! BARK BARK! Oh, loving family, I'M HOMEEEE! BARK! BARK! BARK!"

Eliza almost screamed in frustration. Bedroom doors opened and tiny footsteps traveled down the stairs. She let out a sigh, tonight just wasn't her night, and joined her family downstairs.

"Why are you home so early?" 

"You knew that it was a trap?" Alexander gasped in betrayal.

"Washington may have told me to put a toothbrush in your briefcase..."

"I should have known better. The last time we had an emergency meeting was when the vending machine broke. Dark times." Alexander looked down at his children and Chicken Nugget who was still yipping at him. "Philip, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at that birthday party?"

"Long story," Philip said with a sigh. Alexander looked to Eliza for an explanation but she simply shrugged. 

"Everyone, I would like to announce something," Alexander Jr. said. Everyone turned to him, semi-surprised, considering he didn't talk as much. (You're welcome for this sister and others. If you know, you know)

"I will be running for class president."

"Really?" Alexander asked with a huge grin. "MY BOY'S GONNA BE PRESIDENT!"

"That's great AJ!" Eliza said, hugging her son.

"I'll be your campaign manager," Alexander said, already planning everything out in his head.