Vacation (kinda) Part 2

A/N: I got a commercial on Spotify while writing this that was like "you're the coolest mom on the soccer field" and I was just like YAS! Alexander and Burr ARE the coolest moms on the soccer field! Just thought I'd share that. Thank you to uhohspaghettiHOE for an idea for this chapter!!

"Eliza, pssst, Eliza," Alexander whispered to his wife as they lay in bed.

"What?" she muttered groggily.

"Will you walk down to my meeting with me?" He kept poking her until she opened one eye.

"Why?"

"Because you're my good luck charm," Alexander explained sweetly.

"No," Eliza replied simply, turning away from him.

"Pleasseeeee," Alexander begged, placing his head on her shoulder and peering down at her. "That one took me a while to come up with and you have to admit it was good."

Eliza begrudgingly opened her eyes. "Fine," she gave in.

Alexander perked up and skipped out of bed, careful not to wake James Alexander and Angelica who were forced to sleep in a cot. He had slept in his work clothes so he was all ready to go.

"But I'm going down in my pajamas and coming back in here and going back to sleep, something I never seem to get," Eliza said with a pointed look at Alexander as she put on her slippers.

Alexander winked at her and said, "Be rational, Eliza. You knew when you married me that you would never get sleep."

Eliza's face fell into her hands as she shook her head. "Be careful what you say. There are children present."

"Correction: sleeping children."

"I'm not asleep!" Philip yelled, sitting up straight in bed.

Alexander nearly let out a shriek. Eliza simply sighed, not even surprised. "Go back to bed, honey." Eliza ruffled Philip's hair.

"Okay!" Philip chirped, snuggling back in the blankets.

"I think he's possessed," Alexander whispered to Eliza. "I'm scared."

Eliza rolled her eyes. "You're the one that wanted children. Now you have to deal with the possessions."

"It's like all of those horror movies."

"Let's go scaredy cat. I wanna get back to sleep." Alexander looped arms with Eliza and skipped down the hallway, practically dragging her behind. They took the elevator down and soon arrived at the hotel ballroom where the meetings would be taking place.

Eliza glanced out a window that was pitch black. She squinted at it to make sure it was not just her sleepy mind playing tricks on her then asked, "What time is it, Alexander?"

"Exactly four-thirty," he replied with a quick check of his watch.

"What time does the meeting start?"

"What? Um, soon."

"What time does the meeting start?" she repeated.

"I already said-"

"What time does the meeting start?"

"Soon, alright, do you not trust me-"

"Alexander MachoNacho Hamilton, tell me what time the meeting starts," Eliza growled, pulling him closer by the tie.

Alexander looked down shamefully. "Eight."

"That is not soon. What are you gonna do here for four hours?"