Lachanophobia

~The next day~

"Philip, you wanna play soccer this season, right?" Alex asked his son as they all ate dinner.

"Yep. I'm done." Philip announced as he stood up and began to leave.

"Not so fast. You didn't eat your vegetables." Eliza said, stopping Philip's escape.

Philip groaned and said, "Do I have to?"

"I would listen to your mother unless you want to be known as Philip MachoNacho Hamilton." Alexander threatened.

As soon as Philip heard the infamous middle name he ran back to his seat. Icky green broccoli was the only thing left on his plate. Philip poked the broccoli with his fork in disgust. "Would you still make me eat it if I was allergic to green things?" Philip stalled.

"No, but fortunately you aren't allergic to green things." Eliza replied. 

"It's not fortunate." Philip muttered under his breath. "What if I had lachanophobia?"

"What's lachanophobia?" Eliza asked.

"Irrational fear of vegetables." Philip answered proudly.

"Where did you learn that?" Alexander asked, joining the conversation again.

"The L section of the dictionary" Philip said.

"And why did you read the L section of the dictionary?" Eliza asked, puzzled.

Philip shrugged, "I really wanted to know more L words."

"Only L words?" Alex asked.

"Yep, L is my favorite letter." Philip said.

"Mine is A." Angelica said proudly.

"And why is that?" Eliza asked.

"Because we all have Ls in our names." Philip said sweetly.

"Because we all have As in our names, except Philip." Angelica said, while sticking her tongue out at Philip.   

"Angelica! Be nice to your brother." Eliza scolded.

"Well, my imaginary pet hedgehog is named Oli and he doesn't have an A in his name." Philip fought back.

"He's not part of the family!" Angelica shouted.

"Inside voices." Eliza said but neither of the children were paying attention to her.

"Yes, he is!" Philip yelled.

"Then I kick him out of the family." Angelica said.

"You can't do that!" 

"I just did!"

"Then I kick you out of the family and put Oli back in the family!" Philip yelled.

"Hey!" Alex shouted louder than both of them. "Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind... or kicked out." 

"Did you just quote Lilo & Stitch?" Eliza asked.

"Yes, but that doesn't matter the point is that no one can be kicked out of the family." Alex said. "Apologize to each other."

"Fine, I'm sorry Angelica for kicking you out of the family." Philip said reluctantly.

"I'm... not sorry for kicking that stupid imaginary hedgehog out of the family!" Angelica said running out of the room.

"That's it!" Philip said, jumping out of his seat and running after his sister. 

"And neither of them ate their vegetables." Eliza said shaking her head.