Amelia's Birthday

"Philip, it's time to go!" Eliza called from the doorway, minivan keys in hand.

"Mom," Philip said in a hoarse voice. "I think I'm coming down with something." He fake coughed and dramatically collapsed onto the couch.

"For the last time, Philip, you are going to this birthday party. It was very nice of her to invite you," Eliza said.

"But I'm sick." Philip pouted and poked his head over the side of the couch.

"Are you coming back soon, Mom? I have to be at Kidz Bop HQ by 7:30," Angelica asked from the next room over.

"I'm sick of her," Philip hissed, sliding deeper into the couch.

"Angie, don't antagonize your brother."

"Whatever do you mean mother?" Angelica walked from the kitchen, batting her eyelashes innocently.

Eliza simply sighed. "Philip, your options are stay here and come to Kidz Bop Headquarters with me and Angelica or-"

"Whatever the other option is! Anything but that!"

"-go to Amelia's birthday party," Eliza finished.

"Finnnneeeeeee," Philip begrudgingly agreed. "I'll go to that stupid party with all those stupid girls and I'll go to stupid Justice and I'll hate it!"

"I wouldn't make you go normally but those are your only options and I don't think you would enjoy going to Kidz Bop H-"

"Just stop talking about it! Say Kidz Bop one more time, I dare you!"

"Hey, does anyone know where my Kidz Bop shirt-" Angelica began to say before being cut off by Philip's screeching. He stormed out the door to the minivan and slammed the car door shut.

"Someone's in a mood," Angelica noted.

~At King George's House~

"Bye, Philip! Have fun." Eliza waved out the window as she backed out of their driveway.

"Oh, I will!" Philip said with an obviously strained smile and a thumbs-up.

King George's house, palace would be a better word to describe it, was decked out with balloons and pink streamers all over the deck. Lights flashed from the windows and shrieks could be heard from inside, making Philip's ears ring even from outside the house. With a heavy sigh, Philip rang the doorbell.

"Theo, would you get that? I have to fetch my tiara. It's probably Sarah, late as usual," Amelia said, going up the stairs two at a time.

Theo grimaced. So far, she'd been used as a coat rack, had to answer the door, and get juice boxes for everybody from the basement where she was convinced she had seen a rat. "Welcome to Amelia's birthday extravaganza. I'll take your- Oh, hi Philip!"

"Philip!" Amelia shrieked, her high heels clicking against the stairs as she made her way down them.

"How did that witch hear me?" Theo hissed under her breath.

"I'm so glad you could make it." Amelia pushed Theo out of the doorway. Her blonde hair was curled in perfect ringlets. The dress she wore was a deep magenta that sparkled when the light hit it. Diamonds shined in her tiara. She looked like a true princess especially compared to Theo, who hadn't been informed to dress fancy and was wearing a purple t-shirt and jean shorts.

"Me too," Philip responded dully. "Here." He shoved a present into her arms which Amelia promptly shoved into Theo's arms.

"Put it on the gift table," she ordered. "Please. And take Philip's bags up to my room."

"Yes, Princess Portapotty," Theo said, grabbing Philip's bag and running upstairs. (Insult credit to Noushki24 )

"That... girl," Amelia fumed, trying to think of an insult dastardly enough. She composed herself and turned to Philip. "Anyways," she said through gritted teeth, "welcome to George Palace." She grabbed Philip's hand and lead him into the entrance room. A large chandelier glittered in the air. Girls ran by with puffy colorful dresses. A large marble staircase led up to the upstairs. 

"Now that you're here, the party can begin."

~After a very painful series of events for Philip (watching the Blaire Wilson: American Girl Doll Girl of the Year 2019 movie, going on a trip to Justice and awkwardly standing in silence with Mr. George as the girls picked out the best Jo-Jo bows, and being forced to take part in the make-overs)~

Everyone had settled into their sleeping bags, except Amelia who was sleeping in her fourposter bright pink princess bed. It was silent besides the occasional rustle of someone turning in their sleeping bag. Until Jessica came along. 

"BUTT!" she screeched. Giggles erupted around the room.

"Jessica! Shut up! We are trying to sleep," Amelia said.

"Hannah dared me to," Jessica replied. 

"Seriously guys, I have a softball game tomorrow," Coco grumbled. 

"Then you should not have come to a sleepover."

Theo turned over on her side and clutched her pillowpet to her head, trying to rid herself of their voices. 

"Psst," Philip whispered to her. 

"Oh hey," she whispered back, releasing the pillowpet of its duties. "I didn't realize you were next to me." 

"This party is so lame," Philip complained. 

"Tell me about it. I've been forced to be Amelia's slave the whole time and if I argued she'd pull the 'but I'm the birthday girl' card."

"Who's whispering?" Amelia demanded, sitting up in her bed.

"Philip and Theo are! They're probably gonna kiss!" Jessica tattled. This was followed by 'oooooo's and kissy noises.

"We are not!" Philip and Theo said at the same time.

"That's it! Since no one is going to bed we might as well have some fun. Truth or dare. Everyone, in a circle. Hannah, get the lights," Amelia ordered. 

"But... my softball game!" Coco protested. 

"Shut up, Coco!" Amelia snapped at her. Coco glared at her but sat in the circle anyways.

"Here we go..." Theo muttered, grabbing her unicorn pillowpet and sitting in the circle. 

A/N: This chapter was short and trash. The worst combo. But hey it's a chapter. I tried guys but writers bloockkkk. Updates will be more often soon cuz I'm almost out of school yay!!