(Red Hood) Stalker Problem Part 1: Missing Princess

(Y/n) pov

I was finishing getting the story telling area ready at the library when the first child showed up.

"Hello Miss (Y/n)." she says with a grin.

"Morning Lian." I reply back with a smile.

"Do you like being a librarian?"

"Of course. You get a free story teller right?"

"Yeah!", she giggles back to me.

"She is good at telling stories.", a voice says behind me making me yelp and swing a very heavy book at the speaker's head.

"Watch it!", Jason says as he ducks.

"Oops....sorry Jay."

"It's fine."

"Uncle Jay!", Lian says as she runs up to hug him.

"Hey there kiddo.", he says as he hugs her back.

"Daddy says that we can have ice-cream after he picks me up."

"Did he? Good for you.", He then looks at me. "I'll swing by in a little bit, I have something to do."

"Sounds good.", I reply.

"Bye kiddo.", he says as he ruffles Lian's hair. He gives my lips a quick peck and takes his leave.

The rest of the children come in and sit down on the rug. I take a seat in the rocking chair with the large book I almost flattened Jay with in my lap.

"What should we read this time?", I ask them.

"Cinderella!", one child says.

"No Rapunzel!", says another.

"Sleeping Beauty!"

"Red Riding Hood!"

"How about a new story?", I ask them.

"Will it have a prince?", a little girl asks.

"Yes.", I respond with a small giggle.

"Yay!"

"It's called Beauty and the Beast.", I said as I opened the book and flipped to the page I wanted.

The children sit or lay down around me as I began the story.

"Once upon a time in a far away land there was a kingdom....."

~Time-skip~

"And they lived happily ever after. The End.", I finish the story and close the book.

"That was great Miss (Y/n)." Lian says as she gets up.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. And perfect timing too, looks like your parents are here kids."

They left to go see their parents while I went to put the book in my office.

I checked out some books for a teenager when I overheard a pair of women talking.

"Did you hear? Another person has gone missing."

"Really?"

"Yes! And every time a person vanishes, some person dressed as a medieval knight is seen robbing a place."

I frown as they left. Jason and his family were trying to figure out that but are having no luck. Jason walks in and right up to me. He pecks my cheek and I smile. Since it was a slow day, he stood on the other side of the counter and we just talked. When it was time to go Jason walked me back to our apartment. We've been together for 3 years and they may have had their ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. While we were walking I felt like there were eyes on me.

"Jay?", I ask him.

"Yeah babe?", he replies.

"Do you feel like you're being watched?"

"No why?"

"I don't know. I just feel like someone is watching me."

"Don't worry, I'll protect you.", he says as he takes my hand in his.

"Dating a hero does have its perks."

"You better believe it."

We made it to the building and went inside. We got dinner ready and ate together.

"So anything new with your family?", I ask after taking a sip of water.

"Nope. They're still the same crazy bats as always."

"I'm kinda surprised you guys don't have a belfry for the bats to be in."

"Oh very funny."

"Says the guy who basically works out of a cave."

"Touché."

We finished up and did the dishes together. Once that was done we hanged out until Jason had to leave.

~Time-Skip~

Another slow day at the library but this time Jason couldn't come since he had to help out Bruce. Suddenly the doors are thrown open and a group of squires walk in? They are holding heralds trumpets except for one. The one that seemed to be wearing the more fancier clothes had a scroll in his hand. The ones with the trumpets form two lines each facing each other.

The one with the scroll opens it and reads from it.

"Announcing the arrival of his royal highness, Prince Charming."

The fanfare began as a blond haired man with a beard wearing black and gold finery walks inside. He was about the same height as Jason and his hair fell to the back of his neck in length. His brown eyes scan the room until they landed on me. He smiles as he walks towards the check out desk and bows.

"My fair lady, I have come to bring thou home.", he says as he straightens up and snaps his fingers. Another squire walks up with a cloth hiding something on a pillow. The young boy removes the cloth and there is a crown. It was silver with rubies in the center of flowers and a pearl in the center above a heart.

 It was   silver with rubies in the center of flowers and a pearl in the center above a heart

People start to scream because knights had appeared. Since they seemed like they were after me, I bolted from the counter and made my way through the shelves. While I was doing that, I took out my phone and got ready to dial Jason's number. I dodge the knights trying to grab me and burst through the back door.

"Come on Jay. Pick up.", I said as the phone rang. I ran down the alley but ran into a dead end. The knights block the way in as this weirdo appeared behind the knights.

"Who are you?", I asked since my call went right to voice mail.

"I am Prince Charming."

"Why are you after me?"

"Why every prince needs a princess.", he replies as he takes the crown and walked towards me.

"Stay away!"

"This won't hurt thou a bit.", he says as he moves to place the crown on my head.

"NO!", I yelled as he placed it on my head. Once he did my mind went blank.