Batfamily x Mom!reader: Towards The Sun

(Y/n) pov

I was worried about my family. My husband and my sons. I wanted to help them but I couldn't do much. So I just sat in the Batcave, waiting for them to come home.

Turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you
Tell a pray, just carry on
And the shadows will never find you

It feels like they are falling into shadows more and more. It honestly scares me. I have no idea what I would do without any of them. They mean so much to me.

Turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you
Don't look back just carry on
And the shadows will never find you

Every time they go out, I'm scared that I would lose them.

Lost in Rock and Roll
Get lost in a promise of love I'll never know
Shadows chase me far from home
I remember when my heart was filled with gold.

Jason was so filled with happiness when he first came to the Manor. He had a heart of gold. But when he died, he came back to life and lost himself. I am glad he is back but I still am scared of the idea he may go down that path again.

And you know I've been burned, I've been burned I've been burned
You've seen me lose control
It's not worth, it's not worth, it's not worth my soul

Damian was so filled with anger and hate when he came here. He would lash out at everyone and lose control so easily. I don't want want him to lose out on this world. To me it's not worth it if he is lost too.

Turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you
Don't look back just carry on
And the shadows will never find you

Dick had gone through so much as a child. His parents' death right in front of his eyes. I was worried for him when Bruce offered to have him live with us. I didn't want him to join Bruce on his patrols but he didn't want to look back on the past. I don't want him lost in the past.

Lost my faith and trust
You and I know that gold don't turn to rust
I still swear we can reign like the kings and queens of better yesterday

Bruce, my husband will always be my hero. He may seem like he lost his faith and trust for the city. But everyday he makes me feel like a queen. Like the only woman for him and he is the only man for me. We love each other. But I don't want him to lose himself in his work.

Don't you know I've been burned, I've been burned I've been burned
You've seen me lose control
It's not worth, it's not worth, it's not worth my soul

Tim loses control in a different way then Damian. He forgets to take care of himself. He burns himself out by working so hard and without any breaks. It's not worth seeing him like this. I don't want him to lose himself in the fight.

Turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you
Don't look back just carry on
And the shadows will never find you

I give out a sigh and leave the cave. I walk through the Manor until I reach the door that leads out into the garden. It was early in the morning. I walked through the garden until I arrived at my favorite spot overlooking the small pond in the center of the garden.

Where you gonna go, where you gonna go
Were you gonna run to when you run to the edge of the night
It's time you face the sky

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd person pov

The boys came back from patrol. They change out of their uniforms and made their way upstairs. Damian paused, when he looked out the window into the garden. He made his way out there. Once he made it to (Y/n), he just simply sat in front of her. She smiles and wraps her arms around him. The others had noticed Damian wasn't behind them so they started to look. Tim saw him and pointed it out to the others. They go to grab blankets to wrap around themselves.

Turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you
Tell a pray just carry on
And the shadows will never find you

One by one, the boys came out into the garden and sat near (Y/n). Bruce sat behind his wife and had the blanket he brought out around him and her. Dick handed Damian a blanket of his own which he took but refused to leave his mother's lap. The other three boys sat around their parents and wrapped up in the blankets. They started to watch the sun start to rise.

Turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you
Don't look back just carry on
And the shadows will never find you

They sat there, watching the sunrise as a family. Letting the shadows of the night fall behind them. (Y/n) knew at that moment, that no matter what may come, her family will stand together. They would fight for each other and for her. A smile appeared on her lips as she was surrounded by her family. The shadows will never find her or take her family away from her.

Turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you