Batboys x Friend!reader: Bodyguard Friends

(Author Note: Requested by determined0)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) pov

Work keeps me so busy that I didn't get a chance to go shopping. It was for something very important to me and I need to pick up a cake and some decorations. I lucked out when I got the song done first since that would be the hardest part trying to think of lyrics. I even have it recorded for the instrument parts and the parts were backup singers would be so all I have to do is sing it in person. Reason why there is no band or backup singers is because this song is for my friends and my friends alone. But since it was starting to get late and certain friends would freak if I went out on my own, I could either go and not tell them or call them and let them know. I pick up the phone and hit call.

"Hello?", I hear Tim answer.

"Hi Tim, ", I could hear his brothers in the background.

"What's up?"

"Well I have to go to the store and knew you'd freak if I didn't tell you so here's me telling you."

"WHAT!?", I hear Dick yell.

"Ow.....my ear.", I said.

"Sorry, (N/N). I had it on speaker.", Tim says.

"I hope I can hear in that ear once again."

"At least you still have some humor.", Jason says.

"I must have great humor if it can get Damian to smile even a just a tiny bit."

"It is better then these idiots' attempts at humor.", Damian says.

"Are we ignoring the fact that (Y/n) is about to go out into Gotham at this time of night?", Dick asks.

"Oh yeah.....Not happening.", Jason says.

"But I really have to go to the store.", I whine.

"Can't it wait until morning?", Tim asks.

"Nope. I'm going whether you guys come or not."

I could hear them talk to themselves.

"Three. Two. One.", I think to myself with a smile.

".....Alright....we'll be there soon so get ready.", I hear from Dick.

"Sounds good.", I said before hanging up.

~Time-skip~

The boys were walking with me as we head to the store with the decorations. We had already got the cake and Dick was nice enough to offer to run it to the car. Only because he didn't want it to get ruined in case a fight started between the brothers. I made him promise not to look at it. As we got to the entrance Dick rejoined us. Once in the store I realized that it was bigger then I thought. So I figured we could split up to find the items. They agreed but only if at least one of them was with me. I could live with that and also if they got the items, they'd most likely get them in their altar ego colors when by themselves, which is exactly what I wanted to happen.

"OK. Could one of you get the napkins and plates?", I asked.

"I can." Tim says as he goes to get the napkins and plates.

"I need some streamers and a few balloons."

"I can get those.", Damian says.

The last item was candles so that's where Dick, Jason, and I went. When we got there Jason and Dick were arguing about the candle colors so what I did was I texted Tim and Damian asking if they could get one of their items in either blue or red. They said that they could and Damian would get blue balloons while Tim got red napkins. I texted thanks to them and put away my phone before grabbing a pack of candles.