(Batfamily) The Stalker Problem Part 1: Blank Puzzles

(( (H/n) is for Hero name and no the reader does not have powers. Sorry it took so long, life was crazy and then inspiration just left me. Not to mention the cold weather taking out my poor hands :( ))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) pov

I sigh as I keep herding cats that somehow escaped from a pet store. I am 15 almost 16, and yet Batman puts me on cat herding duty. I mean come on! I am (H/n) and I was trained by Batman, Nightwing, The Red Hood, Red Robin, and Robin. But Robin gets to go on actual patrol when he is like 12! Yeah sure he was raised by assassins but still, my family trained me when I was 13 and only now I can even do my first solo job which is gather up 15 cats. I've done stake outs or patrols with at least one family member but never allowed to get involved with fights or things like that. I was only allowed to watch until tonight.

As I keep finding the cats, I notice that they each seem to have a small pouch on their collars. Before putting them in the cat carriers, I would take each pouch off and place them in a pocket on my belt. Once all the cats have been caught, I bring the carriers to GCPD per instructions from Daddybat. When that was done, I head back home to inspect the pouches after giving my 'exciting' report. I change out of my costume that looks like Dick's Robin one but with pants, the first letter of my hero name, and in my favorite colors in the Batcave to a pair of my favorite sweats. Once done, I head to my room to inspect the pouches......that I may or may not have left out when I reported to Dad when all of the cats were returned.

Once in my room, I take the pouches out at my desk. I open the first one but inside was a blank puzzle piece. My curiosity getting the best of me, I open the others to find 14 more blank puzzle pieces. I start to put them together and to my surprise, the puzzle is only half complete. That meant whoever did this, might leave more pieces until I get them all. Which means: my very own case without my family!

"This is so cool!", I exclaim in excitement.

Hearing a sudden knock on the door, I quickly hid the pieces in a secret drawer in my desk. "Coming!", I call out as I lock it.

Opening the door, I am surprised to see Dick standing there in sweats. "Hey Little Wing.", he says with a smile. "How was your first solo job as a hero?"

"I was half expecting Catwoman to show up considering I was herding cats.", I sigh. "Out of all things, that is what Dad picked for my first solo job?"

"Yep sorry.", he said a bit nervously. "And I doubt Selina would do something like that."

"OK?", I said questioningly. "And you're right. She'd buy them and then let them lose in Dad's study here at home."

"She might just to mess with him. And then Damian would want to keep them." He said while shaking his head with a smile.

"I would if I could get away with it. Anyway, I should turn in. I am kinda tired from chasing cats."

"Have a good night's rest.", he says before kissing the top of my head. "My baby sister needs her beauty sleep."

"Thought you and the rest of my brothers said I'm not allowed to get any prettier because it would attract boys?"

"Because it would!", Jason says as he passes by in the hall while holding a sandwich. "No boys (Y/n). Ever."

"What if I want a boyfriend?"

"Too bad. No boyfriends.", Damian says as he passes by.

"Killjoy!", I lean out of my room to call after him.

"Don't tempt me!", he calls back.

"Scary thing is, he would threaten to kill them.", Tim comments as he enters his room. "But I agree, no boyfriends until you are married."

"You guys are worse then Dad.", I groan.

"All I said was no boyfriends until you are 30.", Dad says as he walks to his room at the end of the hall.

"You're not helping!"

"I wasn't aware I was suppose to help my daughter convince her brothers she should have a boyfriend before she is 30 or married.", he says in his doorway.

"I'll just move in with Uncle Clark then."

"Please don't Miss (Y/n).", Alfred says as he comes up the steps to hand me a midnight snack. "I need you to help me keep my sanity."

"Hey!", Dick says with a pout.

"Fine. But only to save Alfred.", I said as I take the snack. "Night guys."

They bid me good night as I shut my door. I had my snack before going to my bathroom connected to my room to brush my teeth. Once done, I head to my closet to change clothes. Once in my pjs, I crawl into bed and snuggle underneath the covers. Soon I was fast asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??? pov

I had watched (H/n) gather up the cats and drop them off at GCPD. I am so excited to hide the rest of the puzzle pieces for her to find! Best part is that the message won't even appear until all of the pieces are put together. My own creation. Even Father is impressed by it. He gives me full support in following my heart and I intend to do just that.

But that was only the first puzzle. The others would show my undying love to her. And if she happens to reject me.....I'll just trap her in the World's Largest Heart Shaped Puzzle to admire her for all of eternity! But the Bats might be a problem but only if (H/n) tells them about what she found which I doubt she would. Considering she always just watched with a Bat nearby, why would she give up a case that she can solve on her own? She can't.