Batfamily x Batmom!reader: Diamonds

((Author Note: Requested by Shelzymrow. Hope it is what you had in mind.))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) pov

Shine bright like a diamond

It seemed to be a quiet night on patrol but you never know with this city. I was out with my husband.

Find light in the beautiful sea
I choose to be happy
You and I, you and I
We're like diamonds in the sky
You're a shooting star I see
A vision of ecstasy
When you hold me, I'm alive

Batman grappled over to my roof and landed behind me before walking to stand side by side. Some people of Gotham wonder how can I be happy with Bruce since he seems to be so busy. It is more of a choice to be happy and that choice gave me Bruce. I feel so alive and happy when we get home and he just holds me. I can't help but think back to when we first met, before the first Robin was even a thought.

~Flashback~

We're like diamonds in the sky
I knew that we'd become one right away
Oh, right away
At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes
So shine bright, tonight you and I
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye, so alive

I was working the evening shift at a fancy restaurant when Gotham's Most Eligible Bachelor walks in. On his arm is a woman just by looking at her, I could tell she'd be trouble. I went over to their table to get their orders for drinks when Bruce's and my eyes met. His eyes....were full of life. I take their orders and go to get the drinks.

We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond
Shining bright like a diamond
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond
Shining bright like a diamond

Bruce seemed to be watching me as I worked. I overheard customers talking about a vigilante that goes by the name of 'Batwoman'. I smile on the inside since that is what I do. I know that Batman can handle himself but I thought that if a big time crook is on the loose, someone should help out the police with small crimes. I do that so Batman can focus on someone like say The Joker whenever he breaks out.

As I was bringing over their food, Bruce gave me a charming smile, but personally I would rather have Batman give me a even a small smile. I have had runs in with him but always mange to get away. That or he let's me is most likely. Yes I have a crush on the Big Bad Bat, because it would seem that I like brooding men.

Suddenly I get splashed with wine.

"Oops.", Bruce's date said. "Seems like you didn't serve the right wine."

"But that is what you ordered.", I said trying to keep calm.

"Then next time don't ogle at my date.", she snarls.

"I wasn't."

"Then why were you looking down at his lap?", she hisses.

"I was just giving him his food! And I was looking at the table, not him!"

The manger came over and instead of believing me when I worked here for 4 years and never had a problem before, he fires me. As I was storming out and heading to my car, low and behold standing there is Bruce Wayne.

"Sorry about her.", he said with a sheepish smile.

"Not much you can do with a girl like her."

"Think I can make it up to you by taking you out?"

"I guess."

Long story short, we ended up dating and he found out my secret by accident. Boy did he get a earful from Alfred for snooping in my closet. Sadly, it would seem that would be a trait the boys learn once they enter our lives later on.

~Present~

"What are you thinking about?", Batman asks me.

"How we met."

"Hmm", he grunts.

We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Palms rise to the universe
As we moonshine and molly
Feel the warmth, we'll never die
We're like diamonds in the sky
You're a shooting star I see
A vision of ecstasy
When you hold me, I'm alive
We're like diamonds in the sky

We both sigh as we hear Red Hood chasing Nightwing and yelling at him across the rooftops.

"I'll get them.", I said and grappled off before he can say anything.

At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes
So shine bright, tonight you and I
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye, so alive
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond
Shining bright like a diamond
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond

I grab both of them by the back of their uniforms and made them face me.

"Enough.", I said with a Mom-glare.

They both see the glare and quickly said sorry. They've received this glare the most since they are the oldest. Though not as much as their father. Once satisfied with their apology, we went back to work.

Shining bright like a diamond
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond
So shine bright, tonight you and I
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye, so alive
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky

~Time-skip~

After patrol, I drive my bike into the Batcave and hear my two youngest sons arguing. I put the bike away before going behind them and waiting for them to notice me since they were so wrap in the fight. Bruce, Dick, And Jason return, see what I was doing and quickly went to other things that needed to be done.

Tim was the first to notice me and he gulped. He started to back away.

"Lost your spine, Drake?", Damian taunts him.

"Or maybe he figured it be best to stop fighting before he got into more trouble.", I said.

"I only said he drinks too much coffee, Ummi.", he says while not turning around.

I said nothing and only tapped my foot.

"Very well.", Damian starts. "I am sorry for saying the truth that you are a coffee addict."

I laugh since that was the best apology Tim would get from Damian.

Shine bright like a diamond

"I love my family.", I think to myself as I go over to help my husband at the Bat-computer. "And I hope our family stays as strong and shine like a diamond in the sky."