Jason x reader: Outrunning Karma

(Author Note: requested by determined03, who also requested Towards The Sun. This was the toughest one-shot I have written yet. It was a good way to test my creativity. I also hope this is what you wanted and if not I will try again.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) pov

Outrunning karma that boy
He's such a charmer all the
Bugs and their larva follow
Him out to Colorado

I sigh as I looked outside the train window. I was on my way to back to Gotham from Colorado because I had heard that is where The Red Hood was. I was hopping that I could make it but by the time I got there, he was already gone. My friend Dick thought I was insane for going after Red Hood but I had my reason. I wanted to help Jason be back to the way he was. I miss my Jay.

Ten dozen hearts in a bag
Their bodies lying he'll drag
Them down to Colorado
A modern desperado

And he'll race for miles through the night
He runs because he knows he cannot hide

The train stops at the destination and I slowly get up from my seat. I get off the train and start heading back to my apartment. It was late at night but I just wanted to get home. I also just wanted Jason back.

He's never gonna make it
All the, poor people he's forsaken
Karma is always gonna chase him for his lies
It's just a game of waiting
From the, church steeple down to Satan karma
There's really no escape until he dies

I see some scumbag bothering a lady so with a sigh I enter the alley. I walked up to the guy and tapped his shoulder. "I would recommend leaving her alone.", I said.

He turns around and seers at me. "And what are you going to do about it if I don't?"

I give a grin as I raised my arm like Jason taught me. I pull it back and let it fly. I punch him right in the jaw. He yelps and then glares at me. He starts to attack me and I either block or dodge his attacks. He got a few lucky shots in. I am probably going to have a black eye and some bruises. After I beat the guy up, I turn towards the lady but she's gone. I turn around and the guy is gone too. I sigh before continuing my path. I didn't realize that was a stupid idea to beat that guy up but also was a great idea. But mostly a stupid one.

Outrunning karma that boy
Can't run no further it's the
Last days of Sparta follow
Him down to meet Apollo

I was just about to reach my apartment when I get dragged into the alleyway next to it. It was the guy and about 10 friends of his so 11 in total. He had a sick grin on his face.

"Time for you to pay for what you did. And I know just how you'll do it.", he says as two of them grab my arms.

I try to get out but the beaten up guy slaps me and my world becomes dizzy. They drag me into an empty building.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Hood pov

I was furious. I was about to take down a gang when Golden Boy got in my way. And then he tried to talk to me. Nope not having him drag me to Bats so I got out of there. As I was heading to one of my safe-houses, I saw something from the corner of my eye that just made me go over my boiling point.

And he'll brace for battle in the night
He'll fight because he knows he cannot hide

I growl under my breath and follow after a group of soon to be dead idiots that have MY (Y/n). We dated before I had died. I enter through a broken window and look down from the catwalk. I see the two holding (Y/n) and they throw her to the ground. I was so happy I had a AK-47 with me. This is going to get messy.

He's never gonna make it
All the, poor people he's forsaken karma
He's always gonna chase him for his lies
It's just a game of waiting
From the, church steeple down to Satan karma
There's really no escape until he dies

I saw the suppose leader approach her and he grabs her chin. She slaps his hand off.

I smirk underneath my helmet. "That's my girl."

The guy growls and slaps her. "OK, forget the boiling point. I am a erupting volcano of anger right now.", I thought in rage.

"HEY!", I shout down to them.

La la la la la..

They look up and all of them pull out guns. "You know, there are easier ways to get yourself killed, Red Hood!", the leader yells at me.

"Yeah like yelling at the guy with the AK-47.", I said taking aim with said gun.

He's never gonna make it
All the, poor people he's forsaken
Karma is always gonna chase him for his lies
It's just a game of waiting
From the, church steeple down to Satan karma
There's really no escape until he dies

I start firing and they doge out of the way. I stop firing long enough to jump down and land by (Y/n). I grab her arm, drag her to some crates and throw her behind them. I then start to fire again. I didn't realize that one of them had sneaked around and was aiming at my heart.

Well not until (Y/n) called out to me. "Look out!"

I whirl around and shoot the guy. "Thanks.", I said before taking care of the others.

Once the fight was over, I grab (Y/n), thrown her over my left shoulder and got out of there. I used a grapple gun to get us onto a roof of a building. Once there I removed my helmet and looked at her.

"What where you thinking?!", I yelled.

"I just wanted to find you!", she yells back.

"Why? Why would you ever go looking for me?", I asked in quiet voice.

"Because I missed you, you idiot.", she says as she starts to cry.

I couldn't help but smile as I wrap her up in my arms. "I guess there is no other choice."

"Huh?", she said as she looks up at me.

I didn't answer. Instead I just kissed her. She returns the kiss. When we ran out of air, we pulled back.

"Come on, let's get you home.", I said.

"Only if you stay.", she says with a smile.

"I think I can mange that.", I said with a smirk.

I pick up my helmet and put it back on. Once done, I scoop her into my arms and we take off. I guess I did get something good in my life.

La la la la la...