Batboys x Friend!reader part 2 (End): The Joy Of Family

(This will start with Bruce's pov at the time Alfred got the call of (Y/n) getting shot. From there, it will be each Batboy coming to visit her as they wait for her to wake up. Also apologizes if I use incorrect Arabic. If you know the correct way, please let me know so I can fix it. (f/s) is favorite soup.))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce pov

I was monitoring the docks when I get a call from Alfred.

"What is it?"

"Sir.....I...I am afraid I have some rather disturbing news.", Alfred said with a sorrow filled voice.

"What is it?"

"Miss (L/n) was shot."

I froze at the words. "What?", I asked.

"Commissioner Gorden called me since her parents can't come."

"I'll be right there.", I growled as I move towards the Bat-mobile. "Also....let the boys know.....they consider her as family."

~Time-skip~

I make way through the halls towards her room when I hear Gorden and one of his officers speak.

"Why would someone target a girl like (Y/n) (L/n)?"

"I have no idea, but I intend to find out.", Gorden says.

"As do I.", I said as I come out of the shadows. "You can count on it."

"Good to hear that. I can tell you what we have so far but.....it's not much."

"Even if it practically nothing, I WILL find out the truth."

"Well, from we were able to get from those men is that someone hired them to threaten her to stay away from the Wayne family, and if that failed.....make her stay away."

"How would they make her stay away?", I asked with narrow eyes underneath my mask.

"They do admit that the gun was only going to be used to scare her. They intended to rough her up by hands. They never planed to shoot her. And that is about it. They have no idea who hired them. They were given a duffel-bag full of cash, a typed letter with what the person wanted, and a photo of Miss (L/n).

"This won't go unpunished.", I said as I took my leave.

~Time-skip~

After I left Commissioner Gordan, I slipped into (Y/n)'s room. As I stood over her, I said one thing before I left to start the chase.

"You are family to us, and I...we will make sure you get justice."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason pov

I sat there in the visitor chair watching the squirt's chest rise and fall as she continued to sleep. I came in after hours as soon as I got the news. I was the closest after Batman.

I felt so guilty. I had heard rumors of someone going to threaten a young girl but I had only heard a whisper or two of it and then nothing. I didn't think of connecting the dots. I should have. Or at the very least, checked on her since I knew she was waiting for us and follow her home to keep her safe.

"Sorry (Y/n)", I said as I got up. "I promise to help Bruce take whoever made this happen pay...I even promise to not straight up kill them. But only because it's for you and they deserve us taking them down."'