BRUCE BANNER • Believe me

"So Bruce, level with me here." You began, holding two fingers to your temples, "you're the big green guy-"

"The Hulk" Bruce interjected.

You nod lazily, "...you're the HuLk- and an Avenger? Do you seriously think I'm going to believe you?" You sighed, moving your hands to your knees. You were angry. Disappointed. Bruce disappears for weeks at a time, always coming back injured in one way or another. It was getting to the point where you thought he either was doing drugs or plain cheating on you. Bruce reached to put his hand on yours, making you push it away and stand up. "Why are you lying? What did I do?" You whispered, your voice catching on the last word.

Bruce's eyes softened as he talked, "Y/N... I'm not lying. I wish I were, but I'm not. You need to believe me." He begged, following you as you left the room. You didn't know what to think. Even if he was the Hulk being that you've been seeing all over the news, how can he explain it? How were you supposed to handle it?

"Bruce... I'm sorry but I think you're going insane." You said, grabbing the clothes from the washing machine, taking them to the clothes hanger. Bruce muttered a few swear words, saying your name sternly. You looked at him, dropping the basket on the couch. "What?" You hissed, throwing your hands behind you head.

"If you won't believe me, I'll have to show you." He replied, suddenly calm. All of a sudden, he grunted, as if he is trying to force something to happen. His neck and wrists began to go green, making you scramble backwards. As his head began to change and become larger, a strained voice came out. "nO. Stop." It said before suddenly disappearing once again. Bruce returned normal, breathing out in defeat.

When he made eye contact with you once again, your mouth was open wide, and your body still as stone. You didn't know what to make of it. He was the hulk...? It all seemed very strange, but he did prove it to you. You sat down suddenly next to the basket, letting out a breath you didn't even know you were holding. "Well... what do we do now?" You asked, seeing the relief begin that came over Bruce's face. 

WRITTEN BY ELLE
Edited bby bois and gurls 🤪