TONY STARK • Stark Scholarship

"Next I would like to call both Pepper Potts and Tony Stark to the lectern to present the self-titled Stark scholarship!" Miss Ackles smiled, her shiny forehead glistening under the heavy stage lights. People clapped as the pair made their way onto the stage, Pepper presenting herself effortlessly in front of the microphone. Tony stood close next to her, a small smirk resting on his face.

"Hello everyone. I know you're probably bored to death of speeches, so I'll try my best to be quick. I would like to speak on behalf of Stark industries when I say that there were so many wonderful applicants who would be extremely deserving of this scholarship, but only one could be chosen, and that one was chosen by Mr Stark himself." Everyone cheered at the mention of his name, causing Tony's smirk to become larger. He waved, nudging Pepper off the microphone smoothly.

"Yeah, hi!" He said, "let's get presenting, shall we?" The crowed called back in excitement, "as you know, the winner will earn a free tuition for the college of their choosing, and will be presented with an internship at the Stark Tower for extra income. So you definitely don't have to worry about being in debt." He winked, reaching into his pocket for the card with the student's name, "the recipient of the Stark Scholarship is... drumroll please..."

"Y/N L/N!!"

Your head whipped up from the seats. Everyone clapped as the people around you looked at you eagerly. "Me..?" You whispered to your best friend beside you, "as in ME me?"

"Yes! Get up there!" They basically threw you out of your seat so you could make your way up to the stage. The clapping slowly came to a stop as you stopped and shook the hand of both Pepper and Tony- in that order. It all felt like a dream. You had wanted this scholarship since the day you heard about it in freshman year, to this was really a miracle come true.

"Thank you thank you thank you". You whispered, smiling wider than what you ever have before.

Pepper laughed, "Not a problem... just meet us back here when this is over so we can talk business."
The three of you exited the stage as Miss Ackles congratulated and thanked you. You sat back down, the certificate resting limply in your lap. You learn back, dazed.

"Oh my god."

WRITTEN BY ELLE