CLINT BARTON || Try

You draw back the bow, closing one eye as you make an attempt to aim. You thought you had it perfect, until you eventually let go of the arrow. It went nowhere near your aimed position, causing you to let out a strangled screech. Your father chuckled, picking up he small bow you had just dropped.

"Dad, I cant do it." You stated, dragging your hands down your face.

"Don't be silly... you can." Clint smiled, holding the bow back out to you, "now take the bow and try again."

You started at it, crossing your arms across your chest. "D-Dad seriously. I suck." You whined.

Clint kept holding the bow out. "Take it." You kept on staring at it. "Y/N."

You took it from him, rolling you eyes as you turned around. It was stupid. You had tried so many times and you physically could not get it to even hit close to the bullseye on the target. You sucked.

"Don't walk away from me, Y/N, you asked me to help you, and that's all I'm trying to do." He said sternly. You kept walking. "Y/N!" Clint yelled out after you. He quickly grabbed his own bow, putting an arrow in it and shooting it towards the door. It hit the hand scanner, causing it to break. The door slid close. The only way to get out now is the manual pin code.

You stopped in your tracks, turning around to face your father with anger in your eyes. "Seriously?" You seethed.

"You weren't listening to me." He shrugged, "now sit down. We need to talk." Clint pointed to the benches on the far wall, and he followed you there.

"You need to stop talking yourself down." He said softly.

"Bu-but I-"

"No buts, kid. Stop telling yourself you can't do it. It's not getting you anywhere."

You and your father got up, and headed back towards the targets. You tried, tried and tried again. Every time you went to throw a tantrum, he looked at you. You'd take a deep breath and try again.

WRITTEN BY ELLE