Chapter Twenty - [Aaryan]

Hello once again everyone!

Here is another upload to make up for the previous lack of updating! I hope you enjoy this one and don't forget to vote and comment! I'd love to see what you think so far!

THANK YOU!!!! <3

Love, 

Luckycharms!!

---------

When we returned to the palace, as always we headed straight to the throne room. It was late in the evening so the throne room was empty aside from my family and a few advisors. My father greeted me with a warm smile. "Welcome home, son," he said. "I have been hearing nothing but the songs of your victory."

My three brothers, standing to the right of my father, looked to be pleased as well. My mother seemed to be a little less excited, though she smiled nonetheless. "Congratulations!" The youngest of my brothers, Anburaavanan said happily. "We knew you would win though."

I smiled warmly at my youngest, twelve year old brother. Of all my brothers, he and I were the closest. It may have been because he enjoyed following me around and admired me greatly. It may have also been because he was the only member in our family who had a little bit of sunshine in him. Being the youngest, he spent less time with my mother and father and more time with the palace nurses, all of whom were kind hearted, older women. He was not a fighter, and that was made clear very early on in his life as he would cry every time a sword was put into his hands. So to handle this, my father chose to push him in the direction of a scholar. This made him incredibly smart, despite being so young.

Thus, his presence was often refreshing and I preferred to have him around over my other brothers.

"I was informed that you sent the Warriors of the Western Fort to aid in the relief of Nandioor?" My father asked.

"Yes father," I said. "The rebels set fire to the village when they realized they were losing in an attempt to turn the battle around. The extra help seemed to boost the moral of the villagers."

"Good," my father said. "That was a good decision to make. We need more boosted morale and the reports I am receiving seem to suggest that because of your actions, the west has been nearly completely won over. They have returned to our side."

I was going to explain that it was Seetha's idea, however, I heard the loud creaking of the massive throne room doors. When I turned my head, I saw my second brother Aarun walk in with a huge grin on his face.

When I looked back at the king and queen, I saw my mother's smile grow. "Welcome home, darling!"

My brother walked right past me without stopping to bow. I felt my eye twitch in annoyance but I stayed silent. "Our brother has claimed a bride, or so I hear?" Aarun asked as he climbed up the dias to give my mother a kiss and stand by her side. "A peasant, for that matter. I met her briefly at the fort."

I was annoyed that my conversation with my father was interrupted, but I suppose I had to bring this up eventually.

My mother shot me a sharp look. "You are running around with this girl in public?"

I chose to ignore that. "Your promise, father," I said.

My father nodded. "I am pleased with your progress in the West and I do not go back on my word," he said. "The preparations for the nitchiyathartham will begin soon, my son."