Chapter Twenty Seven - [Seetha]

Hello everyone!

Here is the promised second chapter to add onto the short one I posted yesterday! Thanks so much for all your interesting comments yesterday! I loved reading them! 

Don't forget to vote and comment here as well to let me know what you think!!

Love, Luckycharms

---

I did not actually end up going to my room. I knew I would not be able to sleep and I would just be alone anyways. So instead, I roamed the hallways of the palace on my own. There were multiple times that guards tried to stop me, trying to send me back to my room because I was not supposed to be alone, but I found myself asking them to just leave me alone before walking off.

I hated feeling so... watched.

What made it worse was that I was bruised and probably looked a mess... everyone was watching me and judging me and probably had something to say.

I wanted to go home.

I wanted to see my family.

I wanted to cry, but not in this cold place where no one really cared about me. No one but Aaryan... but I did not want to be with Aaryan right now. I didn't even want to look at him. Not now.

But even though I wanted to go home, I knew I couldn't.

I could not let my father see me like this... with bruises on me because my brother-in-law chose to attack me.

What would my father think? I would make him miserable.

I could not do that to him.

I could never let my family find out... and strangely enough that made me feel so alone.

I bit my lip, trying to hold back my tears.

"Seetha?"

I looked up, surprised to see Lady Suhanya.

"The guards informed me that you were walking around on your own. You should not be alone."

"I can't have a moment to myself?"

Lady Suhanya smiled. "No love, you really can't."

I didn't know if she was trying to be funny, but she walked over to me, took my hand and led me to her room. When we got there, she asked me to tell her what happened with Aaryan and I did.

Lady Suhanya listened carefully, and when I finished explaining how I felt, she spoke up about the matter at hand. "You are right to be mad, child, but you need to remember that what happened to you was not the only reason Aarun was punished," she said. "He has made a lot of horrible choices and his attack on you was simply the last straw."

"By why would Aaryan–"

"And sometimes, Seetha, it is not our place to ask the royals what is wrong and what is right," she said. "Especially when it has to do with Aaryan."

I frowned.

"Aaryan has a strong sense of what is right and wrong and challenging it never leads to anything good," she said. "To be fair, his vision of the world is a good one... though that does not justify his means of trying to get there."

"Then what am I supposed to do?" I asked. She didn't want me to question him? She didn't want me to be concerned.

She seemed surprised by my question, though I could not imagine why.