Chapter Eight - [Aaryan]

Hi everyone!

I hope you enjoy this double update! :D

Don't forget to vote and comment to let me know what you think!!!

Thank you!!!! <3

Love,

Luckycharms <3

---

Seetha was busier than I thought she would be. As the days passed, every night we spent time with each other, she would look more and more tired. I hoped that it was because of the dance practices, because if that were the case then at least that would be over soon.

Her family was taking longer to arrive at Aathikara than I had expected. I had originally hoped that they would be here before the date of Seetha's performance because that way, her family would begin to understand the traditions of my family. This would also be a good chance to meet most of my family, seeing as most of them would be here for this celebration, even if it was all just for fun.

When the day family came however, I was happy to hear that Seetha's family had arrived. Just on time.

I was the one who greeted them upon their arrival, and though they were excited to see her, I thought it would be a good idea to surprise Seetha. So instead, I took them to the room that Seetha was staying in, seeing as I was sure they would all want to stay together, and gave them the rest of the day to relax.

Seetha's fives maids took over from there, assuring me that they would help get them ready for the special event.

The event was scheduled to begin at sundown, as soon as the sunlight disappeared from the lands and the flames were lit to bring some light back.

The performance hall, a large, circular room made almost completely of marble, had a huge open area in the center of it for performanced. It was where most special events occurred, and generally, the hall was filled with good memories for me.

Around the center performance area was a seating area, where most of the servants, maids, and a few guards would sit around on the floor to watch the performance. The second floor level, not much higher than the ground floor, was filled with balconies where they nobles would sit with their families, and the third floor was where the royal family sat, which included myself.

The room filled up quickly that evening, filling with chatter.

When Seetha's family entered, I was a little surprised to see them on the bottom floor with the servants and guards.

"Is that them?" My father asked me. When I nodded, he frowned. "What are they doing down there? We should have asked them to come join us up here."

I smiled at my father, but when I looked back down and saw Seetha walk in with all the other girls of my family, dressed in a glorious red outfit and covered in gold, my eyes widened.

Her long hair was not braided tonight, but pinned back to stay out of her face. She had thin gold chains decorating her hair and large golden earrings which I could see sparkle even from where I was sitting. Her outfit, though not a usual sari, had a long skirt that flared with every step that she took, and she wore a blouse that showed most of her midriff, though a shawl was placed over her shoulder. The whole outfit was covered in sequins and jewels and I imagined to to be extremely heavy. And she wore heavy eyeliner and a lovely shade of red lipstick which seemed to make her entire face glow.

She looked absolutely beautiful.

Her face actually did light up though, as soon as she spotted her family. And to the surprise of everyone, who I knew were paying close attention to Seetha, my future wife from the village, she left her spot to run and jump into the arms of her father.