Chapter Seven - [Seetha]

Hello!

Enjoy the new update, and don't forget to vote and comment!! <3

- Luckycharms <3

---

Over the next day, I noticed the change in the air. I noticed what Aayu tried to explain to me. I noticed guards stopping to show me their respect. I noticed the sincere smiles and the trust when those warriors finally started looking me in the eye.

This felt a little familiar. It felt like the time when I first started cooking for the servants. They were so grateful and happy that I was serving more hearty meals that they would be so kind and respectful whenever they saw me.

But though it felt so similar, it also felt different.

These were warriors.

The people who were showing me respect were warriors.

Strong, powerful men who were the heart of our warrior nation. The ones who made sure the nation was safe, but also made sure it functioned well.

For some reason, knowing that these men respected me and made me feel a little more powerful. It made me walk around with my head held up a little higher.

I was feeling more comfortable.

I hoped that was a good thing.

---

When Aaryan told me he would be leaving again, I was obviously upset... but unlike all the other times, I wasn't too nervous this time around.

Maybe it had to do with the fact that I wasn't really alone anymore. I had Aathavan.

But most likely it was what Aayu said to me. I had the support of the warriors... I felt like I did not really have much to fear, and I wasn't really alone. And I definitely don't think Aarun could hurt me again even if he wanted to.

For starters, the new guards at my door would certainly never let him in.

Aaryan, who obviously knew what was going on, seeing as he was the head of the Chandraba army, told me how significant this was. He said that if you had the unconditional support of the Chanraba warriors then you did not need to fear a king.

You did not even need to fear the laws.

That sounded exciting... but it wasn't like I was ever going to test my luck.

Besides... I knew they supported me, but I wasn't exactly sure if that support was unconditional.

Nevertheless, as I watched Aaryan ride away early that morning, the sun just making its way up into the sky, my heart sank a little.

For the next fews days, I went about my life as usual. I woke up, fed Aathavan, got ready, prayed, washed Aathavan, prepared meals for the servants, fed Aathavan again, ate a little myself... and so on and so forth.

It was certainly a little harder to manage Aathavan on my own. When Aaryan wasn't home, it was hard not to get upset when Aathavan woke up and cried and cried and cried and nothing would calm him down.

Sometimes I was pushed to the brink of tears myself, though Little Aathi always eventually calmed down. It was still hard, but I knew it would pass. He was so helpless right now, he couldn't help it.