Chapter Thirteen - [Seetha]

Hello!

ANOTHER UPDATE THAT IS ON TIME! Hehe! I hope you are enjoying these updates and thank you so much for all of your comments!!

Make sure you vote and comment to let me know what you think! 

Enjoy!!!!

Love,

Luckycharms

----------------

When the banquet finally ended, I was relieved, but after saying goodnight to my friends and family, I realized I still couldn't sleep. Before I was pulled away by Lady Suhanya though, my mother gave me a look. She had had, the talk with me a few days earlier.

As per culture, the night of the wedding was the 'first night.' It was when the couple would consummate the marriage. The talk was easier for me because I knew Aaryan and was in love with him. It was a whole different story for girls who married men they did not know.

Thus, my mother had a talk that was different from the talk other mothers usually had with their daughters. I was there when she had the talk with my second sister, who did not know the man she was marrying, and I was there when some of my friends mothers had the talk with their own daughters. The difference between my mother and most other's was that she was wildly concerned with her daughter's safety.

She was concerned about the men she did not know. She always made sure that my sisters would understand the importance of letting her know if the men did anything to hurt them. She would remind my sisters that they had strong brother's would would deal with any man who dared to hurt them.

Thankfully, both of my sister's had wonderful husbands.

My mother's concern was legitimate. I had known from my childhood that her sister was one who was beaten severely by her husband. It got so bad that my aunt seemed to think that it was okay, despite being raised in a family where that was not acceptable.

My village did not tolerate the ill-treatment of women, at least in terms of beating... but other villages were not the same, my aunt's being one of them. There, it was okay to do that and the only reason my aunty ended up okay, despite having no brothers and no father, was because she had my mother, who would not let that stand. She made my father go and have a 'talk' with the "worthless man," as my mother called him.

Anyways, my mother didn't really have to have that version of the talk with me. She had gotten to know Aaryan and she liked him. She knew he was good and would not hurt me. So the talk she had with me was easier... a little more happy.

So when she gave me the look, I smiled in a way that would calm her.

I also wasn't going to let her know that we had already, technically, consummate the marriage. We didn't do anything wrong... sort of. But whatever the case, I didn't tell her.

No one needed to know.

Lady Suhanya took me back to my room after that, where my maid friends helped me bathe, again, and covered my skin in oils that smelled like flowers before brushing my hair out. They put simple jewelry on me, small earrings and thin rings which complimented the two Rudraraja bangles, as well as my new wedding chain, all of which I was never meant to take off.

Lady Suhanya left and returned with some jasmine flowers to pin into my hair, and as she approached me, she asked my giggly friends to give her a moment alone with me.