Chapter Five - [Seetha]

Hi everyone!

Please enjoy this update! I hope everyone is staying safe and happy and aware.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Love, luckycharms <3

---

There were four attendants helping me get dressed this morning as the sun only just begun to peek over the horizon, however, not too far away from me was Aaryan, who was getting ready on his own. That always frustrated me... the fact that it took me so long to get dressed, requiring  a group of women to help, whereas Aaryan just slipped into his outfit, put on some jewelry on his own and was ready to go.

When he was ready, he looked over at me and I could tell that he was still in his morning daze... a little out of it and not yet completely awake. "I will see you at the temple then?"

"Will Aathu be back on time?" I asked.

Aaryan chuckled, probably because I had been going on and on about this for the last few days.

Anbu was getting married today.

After five years of courting the lovely Vishmiya from the south, the two of them had finally agreed to get married. It was unheard of, really... to spend so long together but not getting married, especially when Vishmiya was already in her twenties, but that was what the two of them wanted and so Aaryan and I respected that.

Especially because Vishmiya seemed like a woman to wait for.

Though she was sweet and kind, she was incredibly intelligent and had dreams of her own. She knew that marriage would mean the pressure would be on to have children... and lots of them... and she wasn't necessarily ready for that yet. So in the time she had left, she did all that she wanted to do.

She was primarily focused on improving trade routes in the south. She had been, all her life.

She told me once that as a child, that she would watch the people suffer in the midst of their travel, she would watch all the border skirmishes, she would watch people die because of the lack of stability at the southern border, and she knew she wanted to fix that.

So she had been plotting and planning for years, and now, through her engagement to Anbu, she also had the ear of Aaryan.

We were impressed with all her ideas... her ideas for roads, for a trading post, her ideas for a group of warriors who would be permanently posted in various parts of the region to promote stability.... And of course, Aaryan and I were not going to let good idea's slip past us. So we sent her the support of the crown and progress was sped up and soon, Vishmiya was a sort of hero in the south.

She was the perfect bride for a Prince.

And Anbu was certainly in love.

It seemed that Anbu had never really even known what he wanted in a woman, and it turned out that that was a good thing... because in that empty space, Vishmiya was able to fill it and become everything he ever wanted in a woman.

Or maybe she always was everything he wanted, and he just didn't know it.

Whatever the case, seeing them together made my heart melt and now that they were finally getting married, I was thrilled.

I wanted this day to go by perfectly for Anbu, and he was close to all my children, so I wanted them to be on their best behavior today, supporting their uncle. I was not worried about Aaru at all, but Maya... and the fact that Aathu was not home yet worried me.