Chapter Twenty Four - [Seetha]

Hey everyone!

As always I hope you enjoy this upload! Don't forget to vote and comment!

Love,

Luckycharms

---

My belly was growing with every day that passed and though I couldn't exactly feel the changes, I could definitely see it.

A lot of things changed. For starters, the food I ate changed almost completely. There were many foods I was no longer allowed to eat and many others that were added to my meals. Some of the changes I was familiar with, as I had seen my sisters-in-law do the same thing. Others were new to me. Lady Suhanya also started cutting some of my duties. By the fifth month, all I was doing was cooking... and not even that. I was simply 'monitoring.' I suppose that was better than nothing.

Aaryan was quite involved in everything... more than I had anticipated he would have been. He always wanted to know what I ate, what I did, whether or not Lady Suhanya approved of what I ate or did.

I know he did it because he was worried or concerned, but I had to admit, it did get annoying at times. Of course, I did tell him this, but he didn't seem to care. He told me that if he had to be annoying to know what was going on, then he would be annoying.

The Maharajah was similar. He would come check on me quite often and ask me if there was anything I needed. I would always say no, but he would always come and ask again eventually. I didn't mind this. I could tell that he was extremely excited.

Even the Maharani would come and check on me here and there, though she never said anything. She just looked at me with an odd look before leaving.

Then there were my parents. My parents were ecstatic. They had written to me saying they would come see me soon, but leaving the farm behind was always a difficult task, so I didn't blame them for taking so long. I wished that I could go to them, that would have made everything much easier. I would have also felt unbelievably relieved seeing as my mother had helped give birth to all of my nieces and nephews, not to mention the fact that she gave birth to myself and all of my siblings. I could trust whatever advice she had to give... but going home seemed to be out of the question.

So instead, I simply waited patiently for their arrival.

Because of Aaryan's involvement in my schedule, my pregnancy seemed to have added to his workload. He still had all of his work to do after all. Sometimes he would have to leave for one or two days for something related to the warriors, and on those days, Aayu, or even Anbu, would graciously keep me company. On any other day, my maid friends were always there to keep me entertained.

And then there was Saumiya and Lakshmanan. Saumiya had given birth to a little boy very shortly after I shared the news of my pregnancy. The little boy was healthy and lovely and though I wished I could have spent lots of time with the family, Saumiya returned to their home to care for her baby since that was easier for her. I did get to visit her and her baby here and there, usually with Aaryan, and that was always something I looked forward too.

And that was it when it came to my tiny circle in the massive palace. No one else really paid attention to me, and if they did, they kept it to themselves and each other. Even Aaryan's other brothers kept away, though sometimes I would catch Aarun looking at me strangely.

He had a strange look on his face whenever our eyes would meet. Like he thought something was funny. It would annoy me, but I never said anything.