Chapter Four - [Seetha]

Hi everyone!

Short chapter today, but no worries, more coming soon!

Don't forget to vote/comment and follow!<3 <3

Also, I would love if you want to support me some more by following my art instagram: @ thannu.draws

Thank you!!!!!!

-Luckycharms

---

The journey was unsurprisingly long, but I was happy with that. I knew that this would be the last of the time I would have with just Aaryan, knowing he would be busy as soon as we returned, so I treasured the moments.

And after over a week, we approached the gleaming city, and even from a distance, I could see the white palace clearly... covered only partially by the massive Shivan statue.

When we actually arrived in Aathikara, it seemed as if the people were clearly expecting us. The moment we passed through the gates of the city, horns were blaring, drums were beating and crowds of people lined the sides of the main road, throwing flowers as we passed.

At first, I was confused, but then Lady Suhanya told me they were welcoming Aathavan, and I knew she was right when the crowd of town folks started changing "Peasant Prince!"

They were chanting it out of love... and though my heart fluttered at the thought that all of these strangers loved my son... I also imagined that the nobles, as well as the queen, probably would not appreciate the title, "peasant prince."

When we pulled into the palace grounds, the rain of flowers continued, some people even throwing flowers from the balconies.

The first people I saw though were Aayu, Anbu and my maid friends, and almost instantly started grinning. Those were the people I was happy to see... my only real friends in this massive place. But when the carriage stopped, I found myself looking up into the rain of flowers and spotting the rest of Aaryans family.

Though the Maharajah was smiling proudly and happily at us, I found myself shuddering.

The queen was next to him, Aarun by her side.

Despite Aarun being one hand short, he smirked at me... the usual look of superiority on his face. I wasn't surprised by that, especially after all the stories my maid friends had told me. It was hard to change a man like him.

But the queen...

Even though I held her first legitimate grandson in my arms, she was frowning deeply.

She looked disappointed.

And suddenly, my heart sank in a way that it hadn't in months.