Chapter One - [Seetha]

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to Part Four! The FINAL part of this story!

Here is a nice long chapter for everyone! I hope you enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment!! <3

Love, Luckycharms <3

---

The air had changed in Aathikara. The world suddenly seemed darker... more bleak. I thought that I could even smell the blood in the air, but maybe I was over exaggerating. Maybe I was imagining it. Though, those thoughts did not really matter because there was blood in the air. A lot.

After the murder of the Maharajah, Aaryan took the throne and marked the first two weeks of his reign with blood and death. Many noble heads of families were executed for high treason, their houses either being completely abolished, or, in the case of surviving noble households, some more trustworthy son or relative was reinstated as the new head of the family.

By the end of all of this, though a few noble families still kept their riches, only six major households remained a part of the court.

Aaryan had written new laws in a matter of a couple weeks, and these laws forbade the presence of nobles in private court meetings unless they were one of the six new, trusted court members. Though Aaryan could remove or replace any of these six court members at any time, only they were allowed to partake in any sort of decision making... essentially, Aaryan had stripped nearly all the nobles of their ability to influence the royal family.

Each one of the new court members were given a job... a role he best fit... that he was meant to fill. Thus, the remaining six court members become ministers.

The Minister of Finance was an old man from a noble household in the east that was loyal to the royal family for centuries.

The Minister of Trade was the young man who was the son of the man Aaryan killed in the west right before Aathavan was born.

The Minister of Labour was a man I had never seen or heard of, but was quite young for someone who was taking on the role of minister.

The Minister of Justice was yet another man I did not know, though this old, frightening looking man was indeed someone I had seen many times before.

The Minister of Education was Lord Suryadeva, one of the two men who helped me with my plans of educating the peasants.

Finally, the Minister of War was, of course, Lakshmanan.

Other nobles were given minor roles here and there, mainly to keep them busy, but overall, Aaryan had won. These nobles could not threaten his claim any longer, and if they did, they knew Aaryan would pursue them with no mercy.

The royal family... well... it became more broken than it already was.

During the chaos that day in the throne room, Aarun and the Queen had fled. They fled North, or so I heard, to stay with the Queen's family. Aaryan did pursue them, but came to an agreement with his mother's family. His uncle, the eldest brother of his mother, lead the dealings and they came to an agreement that Aaryan's mother and his brother will remain as exiles in the North, confined to the estate and not permitted to leave until or unless permission is granted by Aaryan.

Aaryan agreed to this, certain that no further damage could be done by those two while stuck there. But to be safe, Aaryan stationed his own men up north, promising that any attempts at deception or disobedience would be punished by death.