Chapter Ten - [Seetha]

Hi everyone!

Here is a nice long chapter for you to enjoy! I will be back to updating on a weekly basis going forward, so I hope you look forward to that!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Do let me know what you think as I love reading your comments!

Love, Luckycharms!!!

---

In my weakened state, I think I had caught something bad. I had become horribly ill and I was practically bed ridden because of it. To make matters worse, since I was legitimately ill, the Maharani refused to let me see Aathavan, saying that I could make him ill too.

Though, for the first time, I thought she was right, it did not make me any better. In fact, I think it made me worse.

On top of that, Aaryan had returned, and he had pushed aside plenty of his responsibilities to take care of me.

I tried to get better. I swear I did. But no matter how hard I tried, I would still find myself crying without even realizing it. My heart was hurting so much, and it was never ending.

I wanted my baby back.

A lot of time had passed... though I wasn't too sure exactly what day it was. I think maybe a month had passed, though it really felt like much longer. In the time that I had not seen Aathi, I wondered if maybe he had already grown a little bigger.

I wondered if maybe he was already starting to forget me.

And then my heart would hurt and I would cry again.

The more I thought about how all these people who knew nothing about me wanted so badly for me to not have a role in my son's life, the more horrible I felt.

And I think that maybe I had ruined my relationship with the Maharajah for acting this way. He seemed unhappy with my being upset. Though he was outwardly kind to me, despite the harsh words I had said to him that day when they took Aathavan away, I could see the frustration on his face. Especially when he would tell me that I need to hurry and get better because I had duties to uphold.

It made me angry to think that to him, these mundane duties were more important than my god-given duty to be a mother.

Who knows... maybe without even knowing it, or intending it, my body was protesting. Maybe I was hoping that my pain and stubbornness would convince the royals to give me back my baby.

Whatever the case, it did not seem to be working.

Aaryan, on the other hand, was extremely patient with me. I knew my sadness hurt him but I couldn't help it.

Thankfully, Aaryan got to see Aathavan everyday, while I was sick, and that made me feel a little better. At least Aathavan had one of us.

But when Aaryan was not with Aathavan, he was with me.

Sometimes he would talk to me, sometimes he would lay by my side in complete silence. I never knew what he was thinking, except that he was sad too. I knew he was more understanding to what happened though. He grew up in this world and so I knew his sadness really stemmed from the fact that I was sad. I wondered then if, when he sat in complete silence, he was just tired. Tired of all the drama that came with being my husband.

It was really only for him that I tried to be better. Even if he was patient for me, I didn't want him to be sad or tired because of me.

So I forced myself to begin to accept it, and in a few more days, I forced myself to get up. That didn't mean, of course, that I was okay with it, I just knew I had to. For Aaryan.