Chapter Three - [Seetha]

Hey everyone!

As promised, another upload very quickly! There will be one more upload soon to cover this weeks usual upload, so I hope you look forward to that!

Please don't forget to comment! And if you haven't voted for this chapter or any others, I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT if you did! :D

Thank you SO MUCH as always for your support! <3

Love,

Luckycharms

---

In the months that passed, I gave birth to another baby boy.

Everyone was in a state of panic and fear when I went into labour, worrying that this birth would be as bad for me as Maya's birth was, but it was not at all. It was the easiest I had experienced and he came out as perfect as the others.

Aaryan and I named him Aaruvinth... his royal name being the impossibly complicated Aaruvintharaavanan. Aaruvinth meant lotus... the beautiful flower that was the throne upon which many of the gods and goddesses sat. And Aaru meant river... peaceful and calm.

He certainly was both.

And just as the lotus was the means of comfort to man of the gods and goddesses of our lands, so was my son. No one was sitting on him, of course, though that statement was enough to make Aaryan laugh for the first time in a long time. What I mean was that his birth brought comfort to everyone who was worried. It brought an end to what felt like an era of chaos and bloodshed. Maybe it was because his birth consolidated the bond that Aaryan and I still shared... the bond that so many were beginning to question.

Or maybe it was something else.

Whatever it was, he was perfect.

His birth also marked the first time that Lady Suhanya finally began to return to at least a bit of her normal self, and for the months that came after, she was attached to him like he was her own. Of course, I could not blame her... she was certain he was my father-in-law reborn.

Aathavan and Mayalahi were doing wonderfully. With every day that passed, they grew into themselves a little bit more, their unique personalities making themselves known. I always thought it was so strange how different those two were, despite the fact that they were both raised by the same people.

By the time he reached six, for the most part, Aathavan was exceeding everyone's expectations, all the time. He was smarter than everyone thought he would be, sweeter than anyone thought he would be and even more handsome than everyone thought he would be. It seemed that that would be his special trait... constantly surprising people.

Of course, he was still a child... and a boy at that... so he was certainly rambunctious here and there.

Maya, at four, was a force to reckon with. She had a flame in her that was constantly raging and no one could ever put it out even if they wanted to. No skirt could stop her from wrestling with her friends or brothers, and it certainly wouldn't stop her from climbing trees or rocks or once even the side of the house. Every morning I would tie her hair into the sweetest of styles and every evening she would come back with it all a mess, ribbons, clips, whatever, torn out and missing.

Aaryan thought it was hilarious, he couldn't be more proud... of course, he wasn't the one who had to pick the dirt and sticks out of her hair every night. Nevertheless, she was growing up to be beautiful.

She looked so much like Aaryan, with dark, dark eyes and a focused stare that often caught me off guard. Her hair was thick and black like mine, but it began to curl as it grew longer, as Aaryan's often did.