Chapter Thirteen - [Seetha]

Hi everyone!

Here is a nice, long chapter for all of you to enjoy! As always, please do comment and let me know what you think! And don't forget to vote too! THANK YOU!!! <3

Love, luckycharms <3

---

After Aayu left, there was certainly a change in the atmosphere in the palace. Though Aayu was not yet any sort of real advisor to the King, somehow, things felt a little chaotic... like everyone was a little confused. But maybe that had nothing to do with Aayu being so smart... maybe it had to do more with the fact that the King actually sent his son away.

What did it mean to be loyal anymore?

And what was more important than loyalty to ones family?

Aaryan had already warned me, a long time ago, that family did not mean the same thing here, but that still did not sit right with me. It did not sit right with the servants as well, and it seemed to not sit right with even the warriors... the warriors, who were the heart of the nation, certainly knew what loyalty meant.

How was it that their leaders did not?

But then again, maybe that was exactly why these people wanted me to raise my son.

Because I was as shaken by this mentality as they were.

It made sense... that was why everyone liked me after all.... Because I was like them.

---

Over the next few weeks, Aathavan shot up in size faster than I could imagine. To be honest, I hadn't really noticed until, when stretching, his hands and legs began touching both ends of the small bassinet he was in. When I mentioned it to Lady Suhanya, simply as a joke, she looked almost horrified, mentioning that she had completely forgotten to get the craftsman to build a new one.

I told her it was fine, Aathu could share a bed with Aaryan and I, but she would not have it. She rushed off, to make some orders.

Lady Suhanya was, indeed, quite out of it since the events of the throne room. I couldn't blame her though. I think she was largely disappointed with the King. I mean, even I was... so I couldn't really imagine how she felt, since he was her lover.

The Maharajah and I had not communicated much since then. The treats he would have sent to me had stopped, the praises had stopped, the kind, whole-hearted smiles had stopped. Of course, I would see him here and there, I had no choice after all, but when I did, usually he would give me a simple nod to acknowledge my presence at most.

I suppose I should not have expected more than that. He is not my real father... no matter how much we may have tried to build a strong relationship, he was not my real father. A real father, as well as a mother, would have forgiven even the greatest of sins... and all I wanted was to have my son back. That was not a sin in anyone's books.

And though it hurt me a little, for the most part, I allowed myself to leave it be. If sacrificing my relationship with a king who so willing banishes his son for allegedly opposing him means that I can have my own son back, then so be it.

When Lady Suhanya had the craftsman bring the new, elaborate crib into our room only a few days after I had mentioned to her that I needed one, I was rather surprised. It was wooden, but sanded and polished beautifully and had a gorgeous canopy around it made of a light, red fabric. In it, were glorious silks and pillows and everything ever mother would dream that her baby would be able to have. And overall, it was rather large, taking four men to bring the seemingly heavy thing in as held Aathavan in my arms and watched.