Chapter Nine - [Seetha]

Clearly, the dance had gone well. There were looks of amazement on everyone's faces, and I found myself grinning at the sight of the shocked Aaryan.

Aayu was standing, clapping with a huge grin on his face, and when his eyes met mine he nodded his head. He was obviously pleased, as was I. His plan to make me stand out had worked... after all, making this dance more difficult for me was his idea.

Like he hoped, we had proven a point and made all the nobles gawk.

I mean even the king was standing, looking pleased.

However, I couldn't ignore to look of disapproval that graced the beautiful face of Aaryan's mother. She did not stand... she didn't even smile.

But I chose to push the thought aside for now because I had more important people to see. I ran to my family as soon as Lady Suhanya retrieved the pot and the candles from me. They had nothing but praise for me as they embraced me and expressed their excitement.

It felt like such a long time since I had felt this happy, though I hadn't been gone long.

It was not that I was not happy with Aaryan. I mean of course I was, but the happiness I felt with my family was different. Very different.

After a few moments, Lady Suhanya joined us. After telling me that I had done an excellent job, she told us that the Maharajah was waiting for us in his study.

"All of us?" My father asked, sounding a little confused. I understood why he was so concerned. There were so many of us... not to mention all the children.

"All of you," Lady Suhanya smiled. "Don't worry, there is a lot of space."

So we all followed Suhanya towards the King's Study, and when we got there, the Maharajah was already there, as was Aaryan, Aayu, Anbu and the two brother's I wasn't very familiar with, the silent Akshay and the promiscuous Aaru.

The Maharani was not present.

"Welcome!" The King said, loudly and happily.

My father was surprised by the warmth of the King, almost forgetting to bow, however, he seemed to remember soon enough and the second he got down on his knees, everyone in my family followed. I joined them as well, of course, as no matter what, I would always be one of them.

The King laughed before stepping towards us. "Rise, please, my friends," he said, "you are the family of a future queen."

It still baffled me to hear that.

And I had to admit that every time I heard something like that, I would find myself in denial.

I wasn't going to be a queen.

Aaryan was going to be a King... but I wasn't going to be a queen. How could I be?

I mean I was just...

A simple village girl.

After introducing my family members to the King and his sons, the King put his hands on the shoulder of my mother and father and smiled happily. "I have heard nothing but good about the two of you, and I am happy to say that you both have raised a wonderful and lovely girl."

My parents smiled proudly.

"And, now that you are finally here," the King turned to Aaryan, waving him over. Aaryan, who was standing next to his younger brother Aayu, walked over to us, giving my father a nod of respect before looking at his own. The Maharaja took Aaryan's hand and then reached for mine.

After putting my hand in Aaryan's, the king smiled. "I suppose we should just get straight to it?"

Aaryan smiled at me and I felt my cheeks begin to warm up.