Chapter Five - [Seetha]

Hello again friends!

I am certainly on a ROLL! hehe! Enjoy this update!

As always, don't forget to vote, comment and follow!! <3

And, if  you would like to support me more, please follow my art instagram @ thannu.draws

Thank you!!! <3

-Luckycharms

---

Aaryan did no get a moment to himself. As soon as we arrived, he was pulled into meetings or something of the sort.

So I was left alone, sort of.

My maid friends joined me in my room soon enough, eager to meet Little Aathi.

They fell in love with him almost instantly, though I wasn't surprised. They spent a lot of time with me while I was pregnant, excited to meet him.

While they passed my baby around, admiring him and his rather quiet demeanor, each one of them took turns filling me in on the palace gossip that I had missed.

For starters, Aarun was up and moving again. He had, according to my maid friends, certainly toned himself down, but he was still quite... the pig.

When the news of the birth of Aathavan reached the palace, there were apparently celebrations. Though they also mentioned that they nobles also met for some emergency meeting. I could only imagine what that would have been for.

Whatever the case, I found myself so focused on their updates that I did not notice Aayu walk in.

"Seetha!" He said, grinning. "Can I meet my nephew?"

His presence startled me, and when I looked at him, I gave him a joking pout. "Yes, but you need to learn to knock!"

He chuckled, reaching out and taking Aathavan. As everyone seemed to be doing, he looked at my son with a look of admiration. "Aathavan," he said. "A good, strong name."

"Also," Meera, the youngest of my maids started, "Aa,' for Aaryan and 'tha' for Seetha!"

I chuckled, as did Aayu. Though I knew this already, it wasn't actually intentional.

"Anyways," Aayu continued, rocking Aathavan in his arms. "The Maharajah and Maharani are ready to see you and our new family member."

I smiled, though my heart sank and somehow Aayu seemed to see right through me.

He chuckled, shifting Aathu to one arm and putting to other on my back, pushing me forward. "Don't worry, Aaryan will be there... and so will I."

Now I smiled, a little more sincerely.

I tried not to be nervous when we arrived at the Maharajah's personal office. This was where the King had all of his meetings with the family and the highest of the court members.

I tried to remember that though the queen did not like me... she had to like Aathavan. Aathavan was her grandchild. Her blood.

Right?

Of course, I knew I was hoping for too much.

My last real interaction with her was when I spoke back to her in front of everyone in the throne room before Aaryan cut Aarun's hand off.

She hated me.

When we walked in, the king, who was in the middle of a conversation with his family and Lady Suhanya, cut himself off and smiled widely at me. "Welcome home, child!"