Chapter Two - [Seetha]

Hey everyone!

I hope you enjoy this update! Don't forget to vote, comment and follow if you do!!

Also, I would love it if you also followed my art instagram! @ thannu.draws

Thank you!!!

-luckycharms

---

Erumai had thoroughly demolished one side of the stable, and though I wanted to punish him, I didn't. I just tied him up long enough to make him think he was in trouble.

Aaryan had a good laugh, but since the commotion had settled, he ended up being the one who was charged with fixing the stable since my brothers and father were quite busy with work they had already started.

It was quite a sight though, seeing Aaryan shirtless, his short hair died back in a stubby ponytail as he sat on the roof of the stable and fixed the large hole.

To be honest, I was actually a little surprised he knew how to fix a broken roof. He certainly was not doing that back at the palace.

As he sat up and wiped the sweat off of his forehead, I smiled. "Look at your pa," I said to Little Aathi. "He can do anything." And looks good doing it too.

"My, my," I heard Mayu say from behind me.

I turned around and smiled at my sister-in-law as she sat down next to me at the porch.

"What a sight for sore eyes," she grinned at me.

I chuckled. Aaryan and Mayu were quite friendly with each other. Aaryan had a great respect for Mayu, who was obviously trying to help him fit in. She treated him a lot like a little brother who she respected a lot, and he seemed to appreciate that... mentioning that he had never had an older sister figure in his life.

"It blows my mind absolutely every time I remember he is a Prince," she said. "He sure knows how to fit in."

"I wish I was as good as fitting in as he was."

Mayu smiled as she touched Aathavan's face. "Anyone who doesn't like you is crazy."

I chuckled. I wish everyone would agree with that.

"And if they are crazy, then at the very least you have a wonderful, loving husband and now a beautiful baby."

I smiled, because she was right.

At least I had Aaryan.

"You know... I wouldn't mind if Shiyam chopped off a mans hand off for me."

I laughed. "You're crazy!"

She winked at me.

A little while later, when Aaryan had finished fixing the roof and Mayu had gone to pick up her boys from playing with their friends, Aaryan climbed down and came over to me, looking tired. "If your bull does this again, I'm going to cut him up and eat him for dinner."

I chuckled as I looked over at Erumai. I knew not to doubt Aaryan when he says something like that, but thankfully, it seemed like Erumai knew not to do it again. "Thank you for fixing it."

"Anything for you, m'Lady... I suppose." He said before sitting next to me with a grunt. He kissed my cheek before looking down at our son.

"You know," I said, leaning against his shoulder. "I like seeing you like this."

"Shirtless and sweaty?" he asked.

I snorted. "That too... but I meant seeing you being... normal... and not some frightening war lord."

He chuckled.

I pulled away and looked at him. "I like being able to make you tea... and waking up knowing you are somewhere nearby... and coming out and seeing you relaxing with our baby."

He smiled warmly at me. "Your father called me the Village King yesterday."

"Did he?"

Aaryan nodded. "He said it with affection... it made me happy."

I laughed.

"I was always worried that your father would... hate me. And that he would have preferred some annoying village boys over me, the Prince of Chandraba."

I laughed more. "Don't worry, my father loves you."

He smiled, leaning closer to me. "So," he started softly, "you know... I would love the chance to be a father to a little girl to see why your father loves it so much–"

I nudged him hard. "It has only been a month since I gave birth, Aaryan."

He shrugged. "Exactly, It's been month's since we–"

I elbowed him now. "Not in front of Aathavan!"

"He doesn't understand us, you fool," he said, chuckling and trying to kiss me.

I pretended to be annoyed with him as I pushed him away. To be honest, I was a little excited. I was excited to be able to hug him and not have a huge belly hindering me. I was excited to be able to sleep on his chest again. And I was excited to be able to make love with him and not fear letting him down and not being able to conceive and heir. Though he was adamant about that not mattering, the birth of Aathavan lifted a huge weight of fof my shoulders.

But for now, I liked playing hard to get. "You're talking about this when we haven't even had Aathavan's naming ceremony."

"Why haven't we done that yet?" He asked, pulling away and looking at me.

"Why–" I gawked. "I thought we needed to wait until we got back to the palace?"

"I don't see why we need to wait?"

"Really?" I asked, getting excited, happy to think that my parents could be there.

"Why not?" he asked. "When the festival comes to an end, we can get a priest and do the naming ceremony. No need to wait."

I was thrilled. The naming ceremony was a ceremony done thirty days after the birth of a child. Not only did you officially name the baby for the gods to hear, but the priest was meant to cast away the evil eye and pray for the child's wellbeing. It was an important ceremony and the thought that I could do it at my home made me happy.

So, overjoyed, I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "Thank you!"

He smiled. "...So–"

I elbowed him again, this time really hard and right when my mother walked by and saw... she scolded me as Aaryan chuckled.