Chapter Twelve - [Seetha]

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the delay this week! Enjoy the new update!

As always, don't forget to vote and comment! I'll have another update very soon!

Love,

Luckycharms! <3

--- 

Aaryan returned to our room very late that evening. By the time he had returned, my maid friends and Lady Suhanya had already set up Aathavan's crib and brought back all of his things too. We had also eaten dinner, taken a bath and after putting Aathavan to sleep, I was ready to go to sleep myself.

I couldn't explain the joy I felt to have my son back. I felt whole again,

My only regret was that Aayu had taken the fall for my sake.

When Aaryan finally did walk in, I was sitting next to Aathavan's crib, rocking it slowly.

I looked over at him with a little bit of caution and watched as he tossed his shawl aside. He ran his fingers through his hair, pulling it all back and tying whatever he could keep together into a short, stubby ponytail at the back of his head, hair from the front slipping away instantly because it was too short.

He looked exhausted.

I could only imagine how much work it would have taken to clear up the throne room of all those people without causing some chaos. I could also only imagine how draining it would be to have to deal with your father punishing your brother for doing something to help your wife.

I frowned at the thought.

When he looked over at me, I surprised myself by looking away quickly, a nervousness rushing through me.

I was instantly embarrassed, feeling like a child who had knowingly done something wrong.

Though I did not do anything wrong.

Why did I feel so guilty?

I heard Aaryan sigh before walking over to the balcony and vanishing behind the curtains.

My brows rose as I looked in that direction, and then I frowned.

I looked back at Aathavan, thinking back to everything that happened in the throne room. I wondered if there was anything that I needed to apologize for. Did I really cross any lines?

Maybe he had hoped that I would not oppose his father's wishes. But if that were the case, that would mean that he had hoped I would not have taken Aathavan back. Would he have really wanted that?

How could he have wanted that?

I laid down on the bed, still rocking Aathavan. I thought of sleeping, feeling too strange to talk to him now.

Of course Aaryan and I had fought before in the past, but I had never felt this way afterwards. I had never felt so guilty. I did not like feeling like he was disappointed in me for doing something that I thought was right.

Usually we always agreed in the end... we just went about doing things in different ways.

I stayed like that for quite some time, wondering what to do... and maybe also hoping that Aaryan would get over what he was upset about and come join me in bed... but what felt like hours passed, and he stayed confined to that space on the balcony.

Finally, I sat up, frowning.

I wasn't going to figure out what he wanted by just sitting here thinking about it. I would have to go talk to him.