Chapter Twenty One - [Seetha]

Update 2/3 for today!

Keep your eyes open later today for the final chapter of Part Three!!!!

Enjoy!

---

The guard followed closely behind me as I walked through the halls and just as I reached the hallway that opened up to the stables, I saw General Sivakasi.

He was walking towards his horse. "To Lord Lakshmanan's estate," he said. "Orders from Prince Aaryan to check on his family."

Without thinking, I took a step back, to hide myself behind a pillar.

I wasn't supposed to be here.

The guard behind me hesitated. "M'lady-"

"Shh," I shushed.

He looked at me, confused, but obeyed.

I watched as Lord Sivakasi climbed up onto his horse, pulled the reins back and rode off, the two other guards right behind him. It was only when I knew for certain that he was gone that I stepped away from the pillar. I stared at the gates for a moment before frowning.

Then I made my way into the heart of the palace.

As I walked through the palace, I saw that everything was going on as usual... servants were running around with work to do, some nobles who were not members of the court were walking around, spending their free time gossiping, or whatever it was that these people did, and guards continued to march around, monitoring everyone and making sure that nothing went wrong.

There were even some construction workers around, building what seemed to be a new shaded area in the garden.

Everything seemed to be... normal.

So I wondered then, if maybe I was over exaggerating.

Maybe I was expecting the worse, when really, Aaryan had it all under control.

I found myself feeling quite relieved.

Right then, I was surprised by Lady Suhanya's voice. "Seetha, love," I heard her call.

When I looked up, I immediately felt nervous, wondering if maybe she knew I was not meant to be there. But as I watched her smile at me, it seemed that that was not the case.

"Are you here for the meeting?"

I hesitated. Meeting?

"Come, I suppose we can go together."

Nervousness poured into me as she linked arms with me...

But I went with her, without saying a word.